Project Transfer Problems

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Buda Bless

Project Transfer Problems

Post by Buda Bless »

I recently got a new laptop for video editing as my old machine is at it's limits.

I transferred the entire project folder along with all media that makes up my movie to the new computer. Whenever I go to load the current project on my new computer, my Mixcraft program is terminated.

Is there a cheatsheet or checklist for transferring a working project between machines? I have tried sending log files to tech support but most they have been able to tell me is that it terminated on a certian graphic (though Idk if that is the instance where it terminates every time). It was a .png but I have since tried to reformat it to a .jpg but with no results.

I am looking at reworking the entire movie which is quite disheartening. If there is any suggestions I would gladly try. Thanks
Anorax

Re: Project Transfer Problems

Post by Anorax »

Does the program crash when mixcraft opens the image file, or when it tries to find the file? This is very semantic I know, but knowing when the crash happens can determine how difficult it will be to recover the project.
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

I'm pretty sure it is while it is still searching. My computer finds the files all very fast when I'm watching it then it just closes all the way out.

Only way I was able to tell what file it crashed on was from tech support when they reviewed my log file. Otherwise they were being found so fast, I couldn't read the names as they went by.

It is actually about half way through the file search
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Buda Bless wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 am

I transferred the entire project folder along with all media that makes up my movie to the new computer.
How did you do this? Did you use the " Copy Project Files to" from the file menu in Mixcraft. Page 337 of the manual.

The one time I switched to a new computer I used this command and it saves the project to one folder with all the media that is at other places on your computer such as midi files, wav files, and jpeg files.

If you did not do it this way you could give it a shot. Good luck.
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

GovernmentMule wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:53 am
Buda Bless wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 am

I transferred the entire project folder along with all media that makes up my movie to the new computer.
How did you do this? Did you use the " Copy Project Files to" from the file menu in Mixcraft. Page 337 of the manual.

The one time I switched to a new computer I used this command and it saves the project to one folder with all the media that is at other places on your computer such as midi files, wav files, and jpeg files.

If you did not do it this way you could give it a shot. Good luck.
Thank you, no I havn't discovered this section. I think this is the advice I might need. I am going to try this method. I had copy and pasted all files before and put on my external drive and then transfered over to the new machine.
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

I have to say, I much rather like that file command 'Copy project files' very convenient! And after going thru this I doubt transfering all files manually would ever really work.

SUCCESS!!!

Thank you everybody in Tech Support and user forums!