System CPU at 100% WAS: Mixcraft 9.0 Build 447 has now been released

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mpoirier

System CPU at 100% WAS: Mixcraft 9.0 Build 447 has now been released

Post by mpoirier »

Hello !

Just installed latest version 447 and the System meter issue is still showing up... (attached screenshot)

The meter always display a red 100% usage even at idle !

What info do you need to investigate this problem ?

Thanks !
Attachments
System Meter.jpg
System Meter.jpg (58.57 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9.0 Build 447 has now been released

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's not a Mixcraft problem. That means that something on your computer outside of Mixcraft is using a lot of CPU. What programs do you have running? Quit anything that's unnecessarily running in the background.

Check out this video: Optimize your PC for use with Mixcraft.

If you are on a laptop, plug it in, and go into your Windows power settings to make sure you're not running in battery saving mode.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mpoirier

Post by mpoirier »

Unfortunately, like I already posted, the computer is completely IDLE. Note that the app is running fine with no glitches at all, I just find this false reading a bit annoying... Also ran LatencyMon showing no activity. I know a little bit about my computer, I am software developer too.

Just thinking there might be something off from where you are reading the system's status... Is there a way to get VERBAL log from Mixcraft ?

Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're just displaying the Windows CPU reading. If there's a false reading, then something unusual is going on. Are you running any Windows shell programs, or virtual machines or something?

I can't find your post. It looks like you submitted a ticket and I asked for your log file, but we never got the log file. Get it to happen again, and then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101