Video - Selecting One Clip to End - Shortcut or method?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lonestarguy

Video - Selecting One Clip to End - Shortcut or method?

Post by lonestarguy »

This may be old hash to some of you but I can't seem to find a way to do it. That is, say I want to shift all clips from current selected video clip to the end of the video to be able to shift them all the right or left at one time. Make sense? I don't know why standard Windows select, then SHIFT+click on last clip doesn't work. I would prefer a shortcut of course instead of having to go to the end for the +click if that is even an option. Otherwise, I am zooming out and click-dragging the whole lot but I'm having to do that a lot at this point early in the compilation and of course, prefer a faster method. Thanks in advance!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Video - Selecting One Clip to End - Shortcut or method?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you double-click to the left of the track, you can select all the clips on it at once.

Does that help?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
lonestarguy

Post by lonestarguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 pm Hi,

If you double-click to the left of the track, you can select all the clips on it at once.

Does that help?

Greg
Thanks Greg, but not really. That does select ALL the clips, actually only stills at this point. To be clear, they are not merged in any way at this point as it's still early in the process. So, I want to select just say clip '25 to the end' in some manner as described above, and drag right or left as a 'group'. SEE ATTACHED IMAGE. That group of stills actually, I selected by lassoing(?), I suppose, just click+dragging from one side to the other. Otherwise, it's CTRL+click on each one.

OK, so for just a few still or a short bunch of video clips it's not a problem, but when there are a lot and I am zoomed in, THAT is where the needed functionality is. Make sense?
Attachments
MIxcraft1.JPG
MIxcraft1.JPG (60.83 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, there's no way around that if you want some sub-set of clips on a track. That's what I would do: drag a selection across them, and you might have to zoom out a bit.

You can enlarge an existing selection by holding down the Shift key and clicking.

Greg
lonestarguy

Post by lonestarguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm Hi,

Yeah, there's no way around that if you want some sub-set of clips on a track. That's what I would do: drag a selection across them, and you might have to zoom out a bit.

You can enlarge an existing selection by holding down the Shift key and clicking.

Greg
The enlarging didn't work for me. The Shift+click just deselected the selection (group of stills) and selects only the one the mouse is on.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It works for me. What version and build of Mixcraft do you have? Maybe the problem is where you are clicking. Be careful not to click on the header of a clip or on a clip's envelope.

Greg
lonestarguy

Post by lonestarguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 am Hi,

It works for me. What version and build of Mixcraft do you have? Maybe the problem is where you are clicking. Be careful not to click on the header of a clip or on a clip's envelope.

Greg
I'm running 8.1. OK, maybe I don't know where to click, LOL. Nothing is happening except as mentioned before but I suppose I don't know exactly what enlarging means, although I'm thinking it means just that. I did find that I can straddle the bottom border of Video title box at left and 'enlarge' the tracks. This is EXTREMELY helpful if there are multiple lanes. I'm open to hearing more about this Shift+click enlarging.