Replacing file

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ron-e-g

Replacing file

Post by ron-e-g »

Hello, OK so this is strange. I've had this same problem before, on the same project. I'd been working on an old project re-mixing. I have had the main voc trk replaced by a guitar part from a totally different song in the past. I had to re-record the entire vocals for that track. Today.. the same thing, same guitar phrase, only on the Back-up vocals this time. I went to the offending project, and merged all the tracks hoping to eliminate this problem in the future. Only other thing I can think of is to completely delete it, and I don't think I should have to do that. I had recently saved this project both as MX8,and MX9 so I still have the back-up voc on the MX8 project.

Finally my question; How do I locate that trk, and insert it back in MX9 from the MX8 project?
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Acoustica Greg

Re: Replacing file

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you recorded it, it should be in the project folder for the project in which it was recorded.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Guess I forgot (or never knew) :oops: How do I open that folder without it just going to MC interface?
Folder.JPG
Folder.JPG (12.79 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
Vocal track.JPG
Vocal track.JPG (36.19 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

I did a search..found an earlier post where you already explained that to me. Sorry I missed that. So I found the file, now how do I insert it into the MX9 project?
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

I think I figured it out. Gotta look in the right place! :D Then simply use the Sound Tab the "Add sound File" to the selected track. Dah.