nanokontrol 2 Setup?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ADM

nanokontrol 2 Setup?

Post by ADM »

Hi guys, my new Korg nanoKontrol 2 control thingy just arrived today... but I thought I would ask some of you more experienced Mixcrafters about how to set it up in the new Mixcraft Pro 9, before I plug it in and mess something up (which is normally the case) :oops:

I really just want it for controlling the actual DAW controls...like play,stop,rec...and of course using the sliders in the mixer etc...

I think I read somewhere on here that 'Rolling Estonian' might have the control data for this device... if you're about out there maybe you could help me out?

But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! :)
Rolling Estonian

Re: nanokontrol 2 Setup?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I used midi learn to assign knobs and faders to my NK2, it's easy. In the Korg software that comes with the unit there's an option for the button lights, at work now but will gladly send you the control data when I get home. Love my NK2, great unit! There's an MC video on how to do midi learn if you're not familiar.

M
ADM

Post by ADM »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 am I used midi learn to assign knobs and faders to my NK2, it's easy. In the Korg software that comes with the unit there's an option for the button lights, at work now but will gladly send you the control data when I get home. Love my NK2, great unit! There's an MC video on how to do midi learn if you're not familiar.

M
Hey There Rolling Estonian - thanks for getting to me so fast wow! :D

I appreciate that... I haven't installed anything yet... just have it sitting on my desk - I have downloaded the driver for Windows 10 and the Editor software (haven't installed anything yet... was kind of waiting to see if you got back to me first)

That would be great if you can send me that data... so I'll just wait till you get the time.

Thank you again! :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think with the Korg Nanokontrol you can use Mackie Control in Control Surface preferences. Be sure to set the Input and Output settings correctly.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ADM

Post by ADM »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am Hi,

I think with the Korg Nanokontrol you can use Mackie Control in Control Surface preferences. Be sure to set the Input and Output settings correctly.

Greg
Ok... I tried that... it doesn't work - Tried both Mackie Control options i.e. Mackie Control and Mackie Control XT...linked and un-linked... both did the same thing... which was pretty much nothing.

All the sliders and knobs operated the pan left/right of Track one... every slider on the nanoKontrol 2 did that... none of the transport buttons do anything either :?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's working for me. Did you set the Input and Output settings?

Greg

ADM

Post by ADM »

I have a Akai MPKmini Pro installed as well... both show up in the Midi Tab... in the Preferences.. would that be interfering with the nanoKontrol 2?

I did choose the nanoKontrol in the Control Surfaces tab of the preferences and put it to Input and Output
ADM

Post by ADM »

Here's how it looks in mine...

nanokontrol_001.jpg
nanokontrol_001.jpg (160.23 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
nanokontrol_002.jpg
nanokontrol_002.jpg (260.65 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Look at the manual for your NanoKontrol2 It looks like you can set it for different modes. Maybe you're in MIDI mode instead of Mackie Control mode.

Greg
ADM

Post by ADM »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:15 pm Hi,

Look at the manual for your NanoKontrol2 It looks like you can set it for different modes. Maybe you're in MIDI mode instead of Mackie Control mode.

Greg
Dang!... That seems to be what was wrong... us guys really need to start reading manuals :oops:

I used the first setting for Cubase and that seemed to fix it... :roll:

Thank you so much Greg... that was driving me crazy!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

I guess mine was already set for Mackie Control. Thanks for coming back to let me know my suggestion helped!

Greg
ADM

Post by ADM »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:59 pm HI,

I guess mine was already set for Mackie Control. Thanks for coming back to let me know my suggestion helped!

Greg
No Problem...thanks for your help...I've been at this all day tryin to get it to work...and you fixed the problem in 2secs :lol:

Just as a by the way... can I reassign buttons on the nanoKontrol 2?... I'd like the rewind button to go back to the start when I press it?
Rolling Estonian

Maybe a day late and a dollar short but here's my NK2 file. In Korg Control Editor just select open and select the file then save it. In Mixcraft I always click on Mix > Midi Control Surface to open Control Surface Details then I select the setting that I've saved, Nano1.

There are 7 channels with #8 fader as Master #8 pan is unassigned (Nice to have an extra knob for assignment).The track buttons are bank controls, cycle button sets a loop marker and the rewind button takes the marker to the beginning.

Hope it helps!

M
Attachments
NK1.zip
(319 Bytes) Downloaded 273 times
ADM

Post by ADM »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm Maybe a day late and a dollar short but here's my NK2 file. In Korg Control Editor just select open and select the file then save it. In Mixcraft I always click on Mix > Midi Control Surface to open Control Surface Details then I select the setting that I've saved, Nano1.

There are 7 channels with #8 fader as Master #8 pan is unassigned (Nice to have an extra knob for assignment).The track buttons are bank controls, cycle button sets a loop marker and the rewind button takes the marker to the beginning.

Hope it helps!

M
Not too late at all... I was waiting on this... very awesome!...saved me a lot of footering around and messin stuff up.

Thank you for your help and the file Rolling Estonian... was worth waiting for. :D

Plus I'm sure it will be very helpful to others who have the nanoKONTROL2

Great Job! :D
Rolling Estonian

You're welcome! Glad it worked out for you!

@Greg: Feel free to use in MC or in a thread where folks can use and leave setups.

M