A Thought for your Next Release

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Mike C

A Thought for your Next Release

Post by Mike C »

Greg:
i have a suggestion for a change to your program that would make it more useful in some circumstances. Your Audio Converter Pro program stops when it discovers an imcomplete file and asks for instructions. The user must select to skip the file, convert it, or "convert all incomplete files". I suggest it would be a help to have an option to "skip all incomplete files". That way, I could set the program to convert a batch of files, and know that when I return, I will not discover the program has stopped early in the process, and further, I would have a set of converted files that I knew were all complete.

It would avoid the irritant of listening through half of a song only to learn that the rest of it is not there (because the MP3 file was incomplete - not a failure of your program, obviously).

Best of all, give the user the option to set the "do not convert imcomplete files" at initial setup, rather than after the first problem during an individual episode of converting files. That way, the user would not return to discover the program had stopped awaiting further instructions.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The problem is that most "incomplete files" are not really incomplete. The sotware is just looking for abrupt silence and that can occur on every track of a live album that has applause between tracks instead of silence. It might be better to just turn off the checking for incomplete songs and convert them all, unless you really are finding large numbers of songs that are incomplete.

Greg
ZeroEffect

Another Idea

Post by ZeroEffect »

I'd like to see this program be able to "watch" a folder for incoming files. If the program sees a file in a directory being watch, the program check to make sure it is a complete file and not one still being moved to that folder. Then converts it to the format in the settings and moves it to the output folder. Would this be a option you might add?

Thanks

ZeroEffect
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any updates scheduled for Audio Converter Pro.

Greg