Mixcraft Pro 9 studio

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tokkibbal

Mixcraft Pro 9 studio

Post by tokkibbal »

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct area to post this, but I just upgraded from MX3 to mx9 and I keep getting this issue where sometimes my microphone will give this robotic glitching and i'll have to tinker and unplug my mic in order for it to stop. Does anyone know how to fix this or possibly what is causing it so that I can work around it? Has anyone else had this issue? I seem to be fine in mx3 but for some reason mx9 is glitching like this.

I have an audiobox USB with a RODE NT1-a microphone!

Also in addition to this, i'm having a hard time lining up files because they don't show up the same way as it seems to split the file into two different audio peaks instead of having one. is there anyway to fix this?

I really like the sound in mx9 but im feeling tempted to go back to what i know :(
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Pro 9 studio

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Load up Mixcraft 8 and make a note of your sound device preference settings, then open up Mixcraft 9 and make sure they match.

Which sound sound device do you have? Does it have an ASIO driver? If so, try ASIO in sound device preferences. Also make sure that your latency isn't set too low.

In regard to your other concern, recent versions of Mixcraft show two waveforms for stereo audio clips. If you're having trouble lining things up, just increase the track height.

Greg

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tokkibbal

Post by tokkibbal »

Alright, When i record next i'll attempt to see if the asio sound device driver option helps. would i need to download anything for my audiobox in correlation to using this? when i was looking here it said otherwise so im unsure (https://answers.presonus.com/3167/can-u ... on-windows)

What are some good latency levels to change it to? or should i just try to press the exclusive mode option?

Ah, so there isn't a way to fix the two waveforms? Alright, so far ive just been building my projects in mixcraft 3 and then converting them to pro studios to get them lined up properly so i can continue doing that i suppose. the issue isnt so much the height of it, but more so notbeing able to line them up because the wave forms dont match on the top and bottom if that makes sense.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your Audio box should have its own ASIO driver. Download it from the Presonus web page. ASIO4All is just a generic driver, it's better to use the one designed for your audio interface.

If your latency is set too low, you can get audio skipping or glitches. The actual value various from computer to computer depending on lots of factors, so just nudge what you've got up a bit and see if that helps.

Which channel has the beat? If the drums are on the left, line it up with the left, and vice versa.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101