SAFE VST plugins not loading

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Brockola

SAFE VST plugins not loading

Post by Brockola »

Maybe someone can advise me. I'm using Mixcraft 7, 64bit. I moved everything from a Compaq running Windows 7 w 4GB Ram to a Dell Windows 10 w 8GB. I had a bit of trouble with the Compaq getting Mixcraft to load The SAFE Plugins by Semantic Audio Labs due to something to do with the "Microsoft Visual C++..." not being up to date. The DAW actually informed of that. Once I went to Microsoft and updated the plugins loaded. But now with the new and improved situation and I've checked for Windows updates and all seems good, I can't seem to get the SAFE Plugins to load. I used them on several recordings in the old computer and when I try to load a recording file Mixcraft looks for it but of course can't find it. Any one have the same experience and/or have a possible solution? Much appreciated.
Rolling Estonian

Re: SAFE VST plugins not loading

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Do these plugs have an install program? Most are just .dll files but some have entire programs that you need to install. Have you tried scanning for new plugins in settings? Also, a lot of times a simple reboot will do it too.

Not familiar with those plugs but checking the above usually does the trick.

M
Brockola

Post by Brockola »

No, no install program with these VSTs, just the .dll files. Yes, I did re-scan and Mixcraft finds the vst's .dll but under Manage Plug-ins, they fall under the "Unable to Load" Category which I have moved to the load position and reboot Mixcraft as instructed and still does not load.
Thanks for your input though.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which ones are you trying to load, exactly?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actually, I just downloaded and installed SAFECompressor, SAFEDistortion, etc. and they are all working just fine for me in Mixcraft 9.0 build 452.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101