UNIFY ♥ Mixcraft

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Guaresneider

UNIFY ♥ Mixcraft

Post by Guaresneider »

Hello friends of Mixcraft,

I want to recommend an instrument called UNIFY and it is a platform to centralize all the VST's / Vst 3 you want, group them by layers, incorporates own MIDI editing tools, arpeggiators, effects and more. I have tried it with my version 8.0 and 9.0 of Mixcraft and the two platforms work incredibly well together. :D

I don't have Windows 10 and I only use Windows 7 ultimate with a 16GB memory, normal disk (not SSD) and an i7 processor. I can re-call UNIFY and use a full 16 instances consuming no more than 35% of the CPU, impressive. In each instance of UNIFY I use layers with Falcon, Omnisphere, Zebra, Serum, Sylenth1 and others, and I assure you that they load at a great speed. :)

Previously I used the layer option that Mixcraft brings and it works very well, but with several virtual synthesizers and presets saved, I often found it difficult to find the previously created sound. Don't misunderstand me, you can create in Mixcraft this type of sounds per layer, with FX and everything, but I CANNOT do it with MIDI tools that send and receive data within the same instrument, I have not been able to achieve it. :roll:

However with UNIFY that is greatly simplified. Thanks to Mixcraft for this wonder sequencer that works great with the infinite potential of UNIFY by PlugInGURU. :P :) :D
Thomas

Re: UNIFY ♥ Mixcraft

Post by Thomas »

The price is reasonable and it's on sale for the rest of the month. Is this like a rack for effects and instruments? Better more efficient workflow and cpu?
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

I would call it 'Centralized' because UNIFY is VST and Combinator simultaneously with internal handling of MIDI, VST's and FX data, consider it as another synthesizer but with the infinite possibility of sound editing and a super fast workflow, together with Mixcraft they sound incredibly good together and they complement each other fantastically well, at least on a Windows-based platform, I have no idea on Mac platforms..

I bought it yesterday for $ 59 and had it installed and running on my PC in 10 minutes. I warn you that it is extremely addictive and you will easily get lost in the programming of new sounds ... do not say later that I did not warn you :D :) Cheers
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Also, Unify can host multiple plug-in instances, and connect them in various ways to produce composite sounds. It allows you to easily connect plug-ins in ways that are much more difficult (or in some cases, impossible) in Mixcraft. For example, most DAWs provide very limited support for MIDI-effect plug-ins (which don't process audio at all, only streams of MIDI data), but Unify's MIDI effect support is excellent and very flexible.

Also like a DAW, Unify can draw on all the processing power in modern multi-core CPUs. This doesn't magically make your computer more powerful–multiple layers in Unify are pretty much the same as multiple tracks in your DAW–but it does allow you to define, save, and quickly recall multi-layer combinations without losing the multi-threading benefits which your DAW provides. :D :) :P :D :wink: