Moving a track horizontaly

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

corkywillis

Moving a track horizontaly

Post by corkywillis »

How can I move a whole track Horizontally to make it line up with the track above or below ?
Mark Bliss

Re: Moving a track horizontaly

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hello and welcome!
Like many functions in the daw, there may be ten ways to do something, and the best way depends on the details of what you are trying to accomplish, as well as personal preferences.
But basically, know when that you can "drag" a track or clip by clicking and dragging on the upper track header area.
If you are working "on the grid" you can use "snap" settings as an aid- for example, move by a measure, or perhaps a quarter note, or whatever you choose.
Or you could turn off snap and drag free hand, zooming in and working by eye to match up some transient points for example.
There are also shortcut key combinations to "nudge" a selected track by milliseconds if thats your wish.

Studying the manual and some tutorial videos will speed up the process of learning these things, but also- experiment! Theres always the undo function......
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

If you double-click to the left of a track, it selects all the clips on the track, and then you can drag them over.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ah! Once again....
Perhaps I overlooked that missing nuance to the question. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page