How to copy a series of clips

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ouchris

How to copy a series of clips

Post by ouchris »

I have a series of clips that I want to repeat over and over and continue with the beat. The only way I've been able to do that now is copy/paste, then line it back up. Unfortunately, it takes me a while to get the timing perfect doing it that way.

Is there an easy way to do this? Each clip is on a different line/instrument.
Kuba W

Re: How to copy a series of clips

Post by Kuba W »

Copy/paste IS an easy way to do it, as long as the main beat (the one that you set other clips to) is looping according to project tempo.

If it's not, you probably have to set it manually everytime you copy/paste.

If it is, write what exactly cause the problem when you copy them.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

One way to do it is to drag the end of the clips to the right. This assumes that they are set up to loop correctly.

Another way to do it would be to enter the number of loops you want to the left of the piano roll (for each clip).

Edited to add: you could select a bunch of clips at once and change the number loops for all of them simultaneously. Hold down the Ctrl key and click to select more than one clip at a time.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ouchris

Post by ouchris »

Greg,

I can't do that because each clip is separate (see image). I'd need to be able to simply "clip" to the next beat/measure.

On a side note, whenever I record something, then move the left hand slider over in the piano roll to be right next to the starting note, so that I can loop it, it MOVES the notes around in the recording that throws it off beat. I then have to rearrange that part to line back up.

Is there a way to prevent that?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (54.61 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

I'm working a lot with copy/paste and it works great without any fine-placing.

First problem I see here is that your timeline is set to time and not the beats.

If you change it to Beats and trim the clips to the bar then, it should paste in the right position.