Mixcraft 6 to 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Frazman

Mixcraft 6 to 9?

Post by Frazman »

Hello, I purchased Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio in 2014 or 2015, and I could never get the program to do exactly what I wanted it to do. My computer is now outdated, along with the software, so I am thinking about going with the Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with a new laptop. But, I want to know if Mixcraft 9 will do what the Mixcraft 6 would never do.
I am a one-man band, I play Rhythm, bass, lead, drums, and mandolin. I'm looking for something that will let me create one track for each instrument, but I need to be able to listen to the previous track in realtime while I input the next instrument. The closest I could achieve was using virtual drums, then virtual bass, and then playing rhythm and vocals on one track together.

Can I accomplish what I'm describing without using virtual instruments?
Thanks,
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 6 to 9?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you can do that with Mixcraft 9, but it's also possible with Mixcraft 6.

When you're ready, download Mixcraft 9 and try it for free.

Upgrade deals.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Any difficulty you had with doing what you describe was more likely a shortcoming in another area. MX6 was very capable of doing exactly that.
Most likely, the solution involves a proper audio interface and some additional knowledge. Possibly some computer resource limitations?

All that said, MX9 is a huge leap in capabilities from v6.
Welcome and hopefully we can help.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

When you upgrade, I recommend getting Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio. :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

Thanks for the replies, may be the fault of the laptops processor and memories. I was able to remove the latency with a focusrite 2i2, but could never listen/play in real time. Looking at an i7gaming laptop.
Thanks again
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Always make sure your laptop is not in power-saving mode. Sometimes just plugging it in can make a world of difference for audio performance.

Greg
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

Deleted, found the answer in another thread here.
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

New computer in, purchased MC 9 Pro online and will be visiting the local library today for decent internet connection to download everything.

Quick question, once I download Melodyne, will I need internet connection every time I use it?
Thanks,
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Frazman wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:15 am Quick question, once I download Melodyne, will I need internet connection every time I use it?
Quick answer is no. :wink:

You'll only need the internet when you activate it, and later to download periodic updates. (Just go to the library every few months and update everything, and you'll be fine).
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Yeah, make sure you activate Melodyne while you're at the library (and Voltage Modular Ignite, if you'll be using that modular synth plugin).
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

Thanks, downloaded and heading home to play :D
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

Got the software downloaded successfully, now I have to figure out how to get the 2i2 to play nice.
I've searched through past threads and tried a variety of things suggested, but so far, no love.

I have gone online and downloaded the 2i2 updates and I see that folder in my downloads file. But, I can't seem to get things set up to work. MC9 recognizes it as what it is, but when I set the 2i2 as the default in preferences, I get nothing.

I then went to the computer control panel/sounds, and tried to set the 2i2 up as default device there but it does not show in it as a selection.

I will delete the folder in the download folder, re-download and see if that works. Shouldn't the 2i2 download be somewhere other than just a download folder in order for the cpu and MC9 to access/accept it?

On a side note, as Mark B noted earlier, the MC6 was certainly capable of doing much more than I used it for. Loving the new hardware (and software) and looking forward to getting everything dialed in.
Thanks,
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Frazman wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 am ......
I have gone online and downloaded the 2i2 updates and I see that folder in my downloads file. But, I can't seem to get things set up to work. MC9 recognizes it as what it is, but when I set the 2i2 as the default in preferences, I get nothing.
There should be an installer file in that folder. Likely an .exe file that needs to be run.
There may also be a "read me" and/or users manual in that folder as well, that would be helpful.

Even without installing that driver, I think you should get some functionality from "plug and play"- so I am wondering just what you have for input, are you arming a track, etc.
More details might help us to help you.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Frazman

Post by Frazman »

You were spot on Mark, I opened the downloaded folder and the install wizard took over. After installing I restarted the computer and everything was everything with it.
Thanks much!