Recording an audio track using VST like Voltage Modular

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jjamesw74

Recording an audio track using VST like Voltage Modular

Post by jjamesw74 »

Hello -

I want to first apologize if this topic has been repeated. But I've been searching for some clarity on this for a while and what I was able to find didn't help me. So I'm confused because it would seem that what I'm trying to do would be easy to accomplish.

So what I want to accomplish is the following:

Using Voltage Modulator - if I select a a Full Sequence preset, I feel Luf, they all play fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to record the beats to an audio track or other track. so I can incorporate that beat into a song.

I struggle with this same concept with other VST plugins where audio would need to be recorded in order to capture it on a track. It seems to capture the MIDI parts just fine, but the drum beats for example will only record over my mic. So it sounds REAL faint. But this can't be right and I'm sure I'm just missing a step. Any ideas on what am I missing? Is MC capable of doing what I'm trying to do?

I see mixed comments about MC not being able to do this or having to work around this with some finagling. I'd like to just understand so i can add those beats to a track and include them in a song. If you have Voltage Modulator and have successfully recorded the the audio to a track from the presets I would greatly appreciate some tips. Or if you have a video or some guide that covers this that's relatively recent I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all for any help you can offer!

Jason
Attachments
Capture (2).jpg
Capture (2).jpg (601.7 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
jlouvar

Re: Recording an audio track using VST like Voltage Modular

Post by jlouvar »

jjamesw74 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:55 pm Hello -

I want to first apologize if this topic has been repeated. But I've been searching for some clarity on this for a while and what I was able to find didn't help me. So I'm confused because it would seem that what I'm trying to do would be easy to accomplish.

So what I want to accomplish is the following:

Using Voltage Modulator - if I select a a Full Sequence preset, I feel Luf, they all play fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to record the beats to an audio track or other track. so I can incorporate that beat into a song.

I struggle with this same concept with other VST plugins where audio would need to be recorded in order to capture it on a track. It seems to capture the MIDI parts just fine, but the drum beats for example will only record over my mic. So it sounds REAL faint. But this can't be right and I'm sure I'm just missing a step. Any ideas on what am I missing? Is MC capable of doing what I'm trying to do?

I see mixed comments about MC not being able to do this or having to work around this with some finagling. I'd like to just understand so i can add those beats to a track and include them in a song. If you have Voltage Modulator and have successfully recorded the the audio to a track from the presets I would greatly appreciate some tips. Or if you have a video or some guide that covers this that's relatively recent I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all for any help you can offer!

Jason
Hello Jason
Are you using Mixcraft 9 Pro, build 452, Windows 10?

After I add Voltage Modulator to a virtual track I just hit the record button and play/activate the synth with my Akai MPK249... It records perfectly.

Joe
Attachments
VMa.PNG
VMa.PNG (54.83 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Right Click on track header and select "Mix To New Audio Track". Page 56 in MX9 manual
jjamesw74

Post by jjamesw74 »

Thank you all, I was able to get this to work mostly by right clicking on track.