Sidekick Compressor

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Pthetitan

Sidekick Compressor

Post by Pthetitan »

If you were like me and missed the Sidekick Sidechain compressor in Mixcraft 9, you can still get it if you download a previous version of Mixcraft Pro and transfer the .dll to a different VST folder then uninstall the previous version (or don't!).
Acoustica Greg

Re: Sidekick Compressor

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's a good tip, especially for those who are already using that plugin in existing projects.

For those who don't know, we left that plugin out of Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio because:

1. Mixcraft now directly supports those plugins that offer a sidechain option.
2. Mixcraft 9 also has audio control and LFO control. Audio Control allows you to use the audio from any track to control any parameter of any plugin. LFO control allows you to control any plugin parameter with one of the following waveforms: square, sawtooth, ramp, triangle, sawtooth, and random.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
r0bbie

Post by r0bbie »

WOw. Sidekick was 100 times easier than whatever that pic is showing :wink:
Win 10/Ryzen 1800x/16GB 3200
Beringher UMC404HD Interface
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 452
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

r0bbie wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:17 pm WOw. Sidekick was 100 times easier than whatever that pic is showing :wink:
Hi,

Hey, If made a similar graphic pointing out the features of Sidekick, it’d look complicated, too. :lol:

But the point is this: if you have a sidechaining compressor plugin, you don’t need Sidekick anymore, because you can just directly sidechain the plugin.

The image above applies to all the other plugins, even if they aren’t normally used for sidechaining. You can even use it on virtual instruments. It's pretty powerful.

Besides, If you really really miss Sidekick, you can just have Mixcraft 9 load it from Mixcraft 8.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
r0bbie

Post by r0bbie »

I screwed around with that interface for quite a while tonight. Was super intimidating when I first saw it but ended up pretty much figuring it out in the end. haven't tried side-chaining with it but i made some other things happen.

Thanks for the heads up
Win 10/Ryzen 1800x/16GB 3200
Beringher UMC404HD Interface
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 452