Can't save MIDI parameters to VSTI

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Captain Gaffa

Can't save MIDI parameters to VSTI

Post by Captain Gaffa »

Hey all,

I've recently started using an AKAI MPK Mini II with Mixcraft 9 Pro, and it seems I'm unable to save certain MIDI parameters for VSTI instruments. For example, when using Omni Sampler I am able to assign and save mapping for the AKAI's pads and access this functionality again from any session. Conversely, though I can initially set up the Omni Sampler's modulation functions to work with the AKAI's knobs during a session via 'Add MIDI Controller' and using 'Learn', these settings will not save once the VSTI window is closed. Consequently, every session with the Omni Sampler requires remapping each knob again. Is anybody aware of a way to permanently save these functions? Appreciate any help you can send my way.

- J.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Can't save MIDI parameters to VSTI

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 9.0 build 452 or higher? Did you save your project after you did the MIDI mapping?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Captain Gaffa

Post by Captain Gaffa »

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I'm on build 452. Currently my custom presets (in Omni Sampler for example) will load the samples I've assigned, but not the MIDI mapping. Manually assigning the MIDI parameters on each instrument track then saving the project works for preserving the settings for that specific track, but I'd like to be able to open the VSTI, load my custom preset, and have the MIDI mapping assigned regardless of the track or project - essentially operating in the same way that my custom presets preserve my sample selections. Is this actually possible? Thanks!

- J.
FREN

Post by FREN »

Same issue as Captain Gaffa here. It´s like stringing the guitarr for each new song. Please respond!
Mixcraft 10.1 Pro Studio 64 bit, on Windows 10 64 bit
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

FREN wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:36 pm Same issue as Captain Gaffa here. It´s like stringing the guitarr for each new song. Please respond!
There's no need to repeat the same question in multiple topics. See Eric's answer here: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 42#p134610
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101