Mixcraft visual stutter

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

stapmania

Mixcraft visual stutter

Post by stapmania »

Hello everyone,
I am an audio engineer trying out mixcraft for the first time (10+ year pro tools and logic user mainly), and for now I have to say : i like it very much. I like the workflow, the ideas...
The only problem I have (which for the moment cannot lead me to me buying the product) is that the visuals are lagging and stuttering. Sound is completely fine, but everything from the cursor, to the meters and jumping quickly from one point to another.
I first thought it was a refresh rate issue (i have an ultra wide 100Hz monitor), so i set the refresh rate back to 60Hz, same thing. I turned off G-Sync, same thing.
It is very annoying as it makes it uncomfortable to monitor visually what is happening on the screen and especially on the meters. Is there something I didn't do right, or is that a known issue of Mixcraft ?

Thank you for your answers,
Theodore
Rolling Estonian

Re: Mixcraft visual stutter

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? And make sure you're using latest build, also simple stuff like optimizing PC or new cable .... Could be a lot of things, try basic simple stuff first. Oh, right click on MC when opening and run as administrator, also right click on screen and check settings there.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're on a laptop, try plugging it in - also check your Windows power settings to make sure that you're in high performance mode and not battery-saving mode.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
stapmania

Post by stapmania »

Hello ! thanks you for your replies, it seems that it only happens when i select all the audio clips in the session, so it's not that annoying.
take care !