Great mixing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Icanmix

Great mixing

Post by Icanmix »

Takes practice
Last edited by Icanmix on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixing with Mike Sale and Free Membership

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Do you use Mixcraft in your courses?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

FWIW, as a tip to the OP and other readers-

First time poster? I aint clicking on any links to check you out, research or otherwise.
Even if there was a better introduction it isnt likely.
Never heard of "Mike" or "Mixing with Mike"
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

I can't vouch for the poster or the link, but Michael White is a well-respected engineer/producer (Youtube channel: Michael White). "Mixing with Mike" is his website, and it's the real deal. AFAIK, he uses mostly Pro Tools.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Thanks Jon.
I have heard of Michael White, but didnt associate him with "mixing with Mike"
But still, my point is- first time poster, too little info. I dont fall for such links.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
davenz

Post by davenz »

I subscribe to many YouTube channels with production and mixing as the theme and most of these really serious guys use ProTools, though one I subscribe to uses FL Studio and one uses Cakewalk by Bandcamp. The subjects are typically in-depth and the information usually valuable, but when they come to demonstrating on the DAW I just get lost due to the complexity of those apps.
I've downloaded and tried all these apps, and many others, and have to say Cakewalk is very impressive, especially as a 'free' program, but the plugins are limited and I find them difficult to use. I could re-populate it with free or paid plugins but haven't jumped in that deep. Protools and FL Studio are hugely complex, not intuitive for me and the versions I'd want hugely expensive, especially compared to bang-for-buck that Mixcraft gives me, with many very usable and great-sounding plugins to boot.
There are features I like and dislike about all those DAWs I tried but keep coming back to Mixcraft, as it does all I need it to do and I can work it without spending half an hour trying to figure out how to do something that should be really obvious and simple. Just my two cents...
mixcraftlive.com/dave_thompson
davethompson.co.nz
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Back when I switched from analog to digital recording I started out with Samplitude, then ProTools, Garage Band, Logic and tried Cakewalk. Then a friend showed me his Acoustica Mixcraft DAW, so I bought MX6 and I’ve been using Mixcraft ever since. I love MX9. If I wasn’t turned on to Mixcraft years ago I’d probably be using Logic.

Oh and I agree with Mark... be extra careful with first time post links.
Last edited by jlouvar on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
outteh

Post by outteh »

How about someone creating a "Mixing with Mixcraft" site for learning? :D :P :idea:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

As I am sure Nathan and others would confirm, its a lot of time consuming work to create tutorial content of any reasonable quality.
Its also very hard to gauge interest on topics. (And Nathan has done a great job of keeping it Mixcraft centric IMO)

I explored various methods of presentation, for me graphic seemed to be more doable than video at the time, but Id love to have the time to re-visit this. Right now I dont!

I also came to the realization that my interest in mixing specifically wasnt widely shared. Most people seemed more interested in topics that range from very entry level user issues (which is fine, always willing to help people like that) or about specific plug ins, especially virtual synths etc. which I have very little interest in personally. Thats just me and I accept it. I like production and mixing. My first preference is getting quality recordings and solid song ideas and polishing them.
Anybody who has collaborated or worked with me will tell you how I obsess over tiny details... :lol:

As far as tutorial content using other daw's, and mixing with plug ins I dont possess, I usually dont have much difficulty separating the concepts presented from the specific applications used, and adapting them to what I use. And I certainly am not tempted to buy all the plug-ins used or shown.... I am readily content with what I have found suitable and have become more familiar and comfortable with.
I like to study how others do things, comparing. Sometimes I learn a new idea. Sometimes I confirm a preference for my ideas or practices. Every once in a while I get "wow I never thought of that!" Moment. I try to be open to always learning something.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page