Izotope 9 - should I buy

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

LeesKeys

Izotope 9 - should I buy

Post by LeesKeys »

I'm using Mixcraft 9 Pro. Izotope Ozone 9 standard is on sale for $140 now, 40% off retail. I'm thinking about buying it even though I'm doing very little recording and song writing at the moment. When I do record, it's usually just me creating tracks for instruments and vocals. Occasionally I will take .wav tracks recorded from my church's Sunday service and mix them into a higher quality product. I'm not releasing anything commercially.

I'm wondering if under my circumstances it's worth the expenditure? I know that Ozone Elements is included in Mixcraft 9. Pretty bare bones, but maybe enough for what I need. And is the version of Izotope Elements in Mixcraft the most current version offered by Izotope?

Just looking for some thoughts from other Mixcraft Users.

Thanks!
vizionheiry

Re: Izotope 9 - should I buy

Post by vizionheiry »

If you do lots of mixing, sure. If not, then just know each month Izotope has sales on their own site and on Plugin Boutique.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

LeesKeys wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 amI'm wondering if under my circumstances it's worth the expenditure?
While I think its a great product, I would have to say that for the "light" user pattern you describe, the extra features are probably not going to be of great value.
Its hard to say what someone else might like or prefer.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

thanks for the replies. I think I really don't need it now.

I wonder if Ozone Elements 9 is significantly better than the Elements version which comes with Mixcraft. Right now it's on sale for $29.