What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Chris

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by Chris »

Chord building and input functionality ! This would really enhance workflow and creativity.

I'm a recent purchaser so I don't have any other suggestions at present.

Thanks
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

per clip effects. it's a pain to automate, or create a duplicate track to add just an effect to part of a track.it would be great to split a clip hit a key like the alt key drag an effect to the desired part and that part has the effect!
ThoseFromHeaven

Post by ThoseFromHeaven »

I think it would be great to just a "focus" button on each track. When you click it, all tracks will reduce in volume to allow the selected track to be dominated so we can focus on editing that singular track.
Check out my music:
https://linktr.ee/ThoseFromHeaven

Richard :)
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

ThoseFromHeaven wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 pm I think it would be great to just a "focus" button on each track. When you click it, all tracks will reduce in volume to allow the selected track to be dominated so we can focus on editing that singular track.
Use he Solo button.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Chris wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 am Chord building and input functionality ! This would really enhance workflow and creativity.

I'm a recent purchaser so I don't have any other suggestions at present.

Thanks
Checkout the Piano Roll.
- Joe -

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Chris wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 am Chord building and input functionality ! This would really enhance workflow and creativity.
Hi,

Mixcraft 9 does have the new step recording feature, which would allow you to enter one chord at a time. It's very helpful for people who aren't accomplished keyboardists. See page 112 of the help manual.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mist001

Post by Mist001 »

Clear recent file list PLEASE!!
Windows 10 64bit, Asus Prime B550 m-a, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16Gb 3200 ram, 2 x M2 SSD.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Donner DMK-25 Midi keyboard.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

You all realize 9 is already out right?
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Think I may have mentioned this before; now it's my ONLY gripe!
That ugly (and even worse, expandable) track icon! :twisted: Wrecks the otherwise classy look of the new interface IMHO..
Should be easy enough to give us the option to display or not? Or even a blank one?
Yes, there are workarounds, but why should there be :(
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I know it is on the suggestion list, but I reiterate the biggest missing piece for me is the ability to record MIDI output (from plug-ins ie arps, etc). While full track routing would be nice, just a "Mix down to MIDI" option with a bar count in the menu would be terrific.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2/3, Mixcraft Pro 10.x, Studio One 6.x, everything 64 bit only unless not supported.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

My main request remains the same.

The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files. For example like "snapshot" that lets you try different mixes, FX, EQ, or any mixer setting or track parameters Including automation before you decide which one to mixdown. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts.
- Joe -

jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jlouvar wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:45 am My main request remains the same.

The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files. For example like "snapshot" that lets you try different mixes, FX, EQ, or any mixer setting or track parameters Including automation before you decide which one to mixdown. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts.
It might clutter up your folder, but each time you remix a project, couldn't you just "save as" with a different name? "Corona Blues Mix #1" "Corona Blues Mix #2" and so on?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Thats the way I have always done it, but it isnt the same as the a/b compare function found in a competitors daw.
And while it seems like a neat idea, IMO its just another contributor to the "never finished" syndrome, as well as additional clutter to the user interface and workflow.
Simple is good.

Personally I prefer to commit to some decisions and move on.
When in doubt, I create multiple versions, import mix-downs as needed and compare. Usually only at the final stage and mastering. But I am grateful thats not easy.
Commit!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I believe you can run multiple instances of mixcraft at one time. That might be the next best thing as you switch between them on the taskbar.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

jwarv wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 am
jlouvar wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:45 am My main request remains the same.

It might clutter up your folder, but each time you remix a project, couldn't you just "save as" with a different name? "Corona Blues Mix #1" "Corona Blues Mix #2" and so on?
Yeah, and it’s a PITA.
- Joe -