Declutter workspace: convert MIDI tracks to audio stems?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Declutter workspace: convert MIDI tracks to audio stems?

Post by creativeforge »

Is there an option to *quickly* convert a "virtual instrument" track to an audio stem (I think that is the term)? Something I didn't notice maybe, like a "right-click" option or something?

I often will insert short percussion or sound effects in a song. But it ends up using a full track anyways. And so my screen becomes cluttered with a lot of these short clips, making it harder to navigate and keep track.

If I could line them up sequentially on fewer tracks (when they don't overlap, of course) it would free up space. I'd rather have 3 tracks of a bunch of these than 20 tracks of short MIDI portions data assigned to their unique virtual instruments and effects.

Thanks!

Andre
Jatin Thakur

Re: Declutter workspace: convert MIDI tracks to audio stems?

Post by Jatin Thakur »

Right click on the virtual instrument track on the track bar side then you can see the option to mix down to audio!
creativeforge

Re: Declutter workspace: convert MIDI tracks to audio stems?

Post by creativeforge »

Jatin Thakur wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:19 pm Right click on the virtual instrument track on the track bar side then you can see the option to mix down to audio!
Wow, it was under my nose the whole time! This - for me - is a game-changing feature. Very happy that it's part of Mixcraft.

I made a copy of my project, and on the copy I was able to go from 18 tracks, to 8 tracks. And now there's room to breathe and to work. And it loads even faster.

THANK YOU!!