monitor sound is being recorded into acoustic guitar recording via its cable. What could be the cause?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ceyhun242

monitor sound is being recorded into acoustic guitar recording via its cable. What could be the cause?

Post by ceyhun242 »

Hello,

My guitar cable records guitar sound along with what the studio monitor plays back? For a few days I ve tried almost all the combinations, patch bay, preamp settings, even tried plugging power of audio interface and monitor to different outlets but the issues still persists. When I record via headphones, there is no issue, only when the monitors are playing, the metronome click or whatever the monitors are playing is being recorded into the guitar record. How can I fix this for good?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SkLMQ ... Ww_NH/view

Thank you
Rolling Estonian

Re: monitor sound is being recorded into acoustic guitar recording via its cable. What could be the cause?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Click the monitor button to off.

M
ceyhun242

Re: monitor sound is being recorded into acoustic guitar recording via its cable. What could be the cause?

Post by ceyhun242 »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:07 am Click the monitor button to off.

M
Tried right away, still the same, playbacked audio is recorded in the guitar mono channel via cable..
Rolling Estonian

What I/O are you using? Do you have updated drivers? Are you using latest build of MC? You're in ASIO mode with all ins and outs set correct?

Click your metronome settings to off.

A lot here but I'm willing to bet it's something simple.

M
ceyhun242

Post by ceyhun242 »

Here are the screenshots of my audio interface..
https://www.dropbox.com/t/rJ03jGhTRF9rgQFV

Without metronome recording through speakers would not be hard? also regardless of metronome, the guitar cable picks up the sound played by monitors..

do you know what is the difference between direct mix and wave output in the patch bay?

Otto on Facebook group sais this "You are playing too close to the monitors and your guitar pickups are microphonic and picking up signal"

Could this be true? Or is it my cable, malfunction in audio interface, guitar preamp etc? I even tried plugging audio interface and monitor to different outlets and with no extension cables only them and outlet..
Rolling Estonian

You're just trying to hear your playing through the monitors? Yeah, that's not optimal at all. Amp+DI.

M
comedians

Post by comedians »

If the guitar is via a cable then you must have either a Magnetic or Piezo transducer. Unlikely a Piezo would but if it's a magnetic pickup that could well be grabbing sound from the speakers.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

The acoustic guitar is probably picking up the sound from the monitors through the sound hole on the acoustic guitar... Either move the acoustic guitar away from the monitors, turn down the monitors, or turn the monitors off and use headphones.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, either your external audio interface is messed up or you have a setting incorrect.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
ceyhun242

Post by ceyhun242 »

jlouvar wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:48 pm The acoustic guitar is probably picking up the sound from the monitors through the sound hole on the acoustic guitar... Either move the acoustic guitar away from the monitors, turn down the monitors, or turn the monitors off and use headphones.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, either your external audio interface is messed up or you have a setting incorrect.
Thank you so much jlouvar, you're right probably guitar picking up the sound from the monitors..