Loops and the Caret

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geo524

Loops and the Caret

Post by geo524 »

Hello Acoustica,

Why is it that the caret when using loops stutters, drags and sometimes even completely stops? It works fine when I'm tracking guitars, drums, bass, keyboards, etc... The caret moves along very happily. :D It only happens when I use loops. Things like this do not happen when I'm using Reaper. I have a fairly powerful computer. It's not a big deal. I'm just wondering why it is happening. Thanks
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
jlouvar

Re: Loops and the Caret

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, I don't know, but if it bugs you, you should summit a report to Acoustica Support https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new or just use Reaper... If it's no big deal and you really don't care about it, don't worry and just forget about it.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If it happens again, quit Mixcraft and send in a log file. We'll check it out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
geo524

Post by geo524 »

It happens every time I use loops. How do I submit a log file? Where would I find it? Thanks
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Maybe a video would be helpful, too?

For the log file, get the problem to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and find the file called mixcraft-log.txt.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:20 am Hi,

Maybe a video would be helpful, too?

For the log file, get the problem to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and find the file called mixcraft-log.txt.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Thanks for the info Greg.

Actually this issue doesn't crash Mixcraft so I don't think Mixcraft will create a log file? Or will it? I can definitely send you a video.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

A log file is created (and the old one overwritten), every time you start Mixcraft, unless you have logging turned off in preferences.

Greg