Project Taking Forever To Load!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geo524

Project Taking Forever To Load!!

Post by geo524 »

Just like the title says and NO. It's not my computer. I researched some of the pprevious posts mentioning this very same problem but I didn't find a resolution. I have 2 computers that are both pretty much equal specwise with the exception of the newer one having a little more power. The project takes forever to load on both computers. It's possible that it might be a 3rd party plugin? I'm not sure. Is there a way to open Mixcraft by by-passing the FX? Like with Reaper if there's a problem with a 3rd party plug-in (which rarely ever happens) you can hold the "Shift" button on your keyboard. This will open Reaper and by-pass the FX. I took my backup stems and imported them into Reaper. Reaper loaded this very same project in like 8 seconds minus some of the plug-ins from the MXC project naturally. If this is the norm for MXC then it needs a serious overhaul. I mean we are talking about 2 different computers here. Thanks
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Acoustica Greg

Re: Project Taking Forever To Load!!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We recently heard from a customer who was using an old version of Kontakt, and it caused his project to take 17 minutes to load!

Updating Kontakt fixed the problem.

You can go into Plug-Ins preferences to temporarily turn off VST loading if you want. Or, if you're suspicious of a particular recently-added third-party plugin, you can go into File Menu > Manage Plug-Ins to temporarily disable it. Be sure to restart Mixcraft before loading the project.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Ok... I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
geo524

Post by geo524 »

So how do you bypass the plugins or turn them off? Please don't tell me I have to uncheck them all!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you want to turn off all plugins, go into Plug-Ins preferences and turn off the option to load VST, then restart Mixcraft.

If you want to just turn off selected plugins:

1. Click on the File menu and select Manage Plug-ins.
2. Un-check any plugins that you want to temporarily bypass.
3. Click OK and restart Mixcraft.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

...and of course, you can always send in your log file so we can see if there are clues.
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Ok. I just submitted some log files.
geo524

Re: Project Taking Forever To Load!! (Partially Solved)

Post by geo524 »

Ok... so I mixed all the MIDI instruments down to audio tracks and deleted the soft-synths within the project. Now MXC opens this very same project in a matter of seconds. This is not a preferred or safe way to do things but I did save it as "Project #2" in case I ever have to go back to make some changes using the MIDI instruments. I guess MXC doesn't like to handle a few VSTi's? It sure was struggling to open this project before I mixed MIDI-Audio and deleted the synths. I only had Addictive Drums 2 and like 4 other softsynths in the project. Oh well. It is what it is.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The log file you sent didn't show what happened when you tried to load the project. It showed that Mixcraft loaded up quickly. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you open Mixcraft, so you need to get the problem to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us the log file.

It's obviously not true that Mixcraft doesn't like to handle a few VSTs, since most projects with a few VSTis don't take forever to load. It might not be plugin related at all. It could be a slow external drive or something.

The devil is in the details. Something is causing the problem, and with your help, we might be able to figure it out.

Did you try my earlier suggestion of temporarily disabling some plugins?

Greg
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Yes I did disable some plugins but it didn't really help much. Maybe a little but what really helped was mixing down the midi to audio and then deleting the midi instrument tracks. MXC opens the project in a matter of seconds. When I tried opening the original project with the midi instruments it took forever again.

I followed your instructions to the letter and unfortunately I'm not seeing many log files. The ones I sent in are the only ones that were there?

I'm not using an external drive. I have an SSD drive for program data but I run MXC off my D:\ drive.

Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There is only one mixcraft-log.txt file. It is overwritten each time you open Mixcraft. So, if you have a problem, but don't send in the log file right away, the log file will show the last Mixcraft session, not the session with the problem.

Get the problem to happen, then quit Mixcraft and send the log file before you open Mixcraft again.

Greg
geo524

Post by geo524 »

I sent 2 log files about an hour or so ago. Now I understand how MXC logs the files.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Looking at the second log file that you sent (after I asked for it), it seems like the main slow down is loading Addictive Drums 2.

Is it loading a bunch of samples or something? Make sure it's installed correctly and that you've got the latest update for it.

Greg
geo524

Post by geo524 »

I believe Addictive Drums is installed correctly. It works fine with other DAWs. I update it daily using the XLN installer and I have 32 Gigs of RAM. I’ll contact XLN tech support and let them know what’s going on.

I’m going to do my next project with EzDrummer2 to see if there are any issues loading projects .

Thanks
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Comment: EZD2 works great with MX9P.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar