Splitting All Tracks at the Same Time

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DanTheSongwriter

Splitting All Tracks at the Same Time

Post by DanTheSongwriter »

I'm trying to reduce an intro down from 8 to 4 measures. So far I've been splitting each track at measure 4 but is there a way to split the entire song at measure 4 at the same time? ( I'm using MX6)

Thanks.
jlouvar

Re: Splitting All Tracks at the Same Time

Post by jlouvar »

You could highlight the first four measures of all the tracks simultaneously and delete all of those measures at the same time.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
DanTheSongwriter

I'll check that out. Thanks. Is there also a way to keep the first four measures just in case since I'm still in the edit stage?
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

It's been a while since using 6, but you can link all of the tracks together and split them with one click. And then unlink them. I did it on a vid once, will try to find it.

Best,

Nathan
DanTheSongwriter

I tried looking up splitting in the help index too but didn't see a way to group them together. Thanks for checking on the vid.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

minor7sharp5 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:55 pm I'll check that out. Thanks. Is there also a way to keep the first four measures just in case since I'm still in the edit stage?
Its been something like 6 years plus since I used MX6, and I dont recall- could you do group functions like that?

In more current versions, you can certainly select multiple tracks and do many various group functions.
Either way, theres a hundred more reasons to update.

But even in v6, you could always edit and "save-as" with a change of file name (such as project version)
Editing is "non-destructive" and you can go back to an old project version if you change the name before saving. The original audio is still there.
But normally, you will have made other changes as well, and going back to an old version is a set back. Lost work.
An alternative- you could duplicate the desired track(s) and edit as you wish, muting the original.

Theres a lot of ways to skin this cat.....
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page