Melodyne Info

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Melodyne Info

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, tools like Melodyne are really intended to correct the pitch slightly. Most singers are hopefully in the right ballpark, and you just need to tweak it a bit.

It also sounds weird because it's such a small snippet of sound.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Right. There are times though when I actually want to change a note. Not because of pitch issues but composition choice. And the singer is no longer available. So, it would be nice to be able to reposition the notes without needing to rerecord it..

I do notice though that when I shift the existing notes to the harmony positions, the problem doesn't seem to be as bad. Maybe because they all got moved?
comedians

Post by comedians »

I have Studio 4 and upgraded to studio 5, told at install could only have 4 or 5, not both.
Quite happy with that, why do I want 4 when 5 is so much better. Much more control in the engine for formants, character, playback synth, and
Greg I have to disagree about, only intended for small corrections of pitch
I have done quite a few harmonies from the single track up/down up to an octave - and the auto formant in 5 is now is so much better sounding.

but.. Did anyone else experience this change.
Following install, opening Mixcraft was a light change moment, it opened in a blink, faster than it ever has since Mixcraft 5. I thought it must be a fluke or not initialized all the plugins so closed PC down, re-opened - yes Mixcraft really is opening in >5 seconds.
Odd the Izotopes' alone used take longer than that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, as I said earlier, your mileage may vary depending upon the sound you're manipulating.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

comedians wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 am have done quite a few harmonies from the single track up/down up to an octave - and the auto formant in 5 is now is so much better sounding.
Well, that's encouraging. Thanks.