Mixcraft 9 "Program not responding" when saving

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 "Program not responding" when saving

Post by Acoustica Greg »

DamjanDanska wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:17 pm I encourage you soo bad to Make this thing work Greg! :(
Hi,

Check your email.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

It sounds very much like you're using a lot of free VST's. There's not a lot the guys at Acoustica can do about the stability of the VST's. Using outdated VST's is gonna cause all kinds of trouble.

I HIGHLY recommend running only VST's that are compatible with whatever version you are using: 32 bit VST's in 32 bit Mixcraft, and 64 bit VST's in 64 bit Mixcraft. Mixing 32 and 64 bit systems is just asking for trouble. And even if the VST's are stable, any time you involve the Bridge, you're adding another point of possible failure. I'm finally completely 64 bit now. There are lots of threads out there with answers for replacement VST's for most VST's out there (I.e. VOS Thrillseeker VBL, etc.).
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

^^^!

Free or not, these kinds of problems are nearly always traced back to buggy or unstable vst's when trouble shooting.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, there's generally no problem running 32-bit plugins in 64-bit Mixcraft, aside from a bit more CPU overhead. And some plugins are way more CPU hungry than others, so loading a bunch of 32-bit heavy-CPU-users into 64-bit Mixcraft might ding your audio/CPU performance.

In this particular case, he was using a plugin called Headcrusherfree and also DensityMKIII. I have DensityMKIII and I'm not seeing problems with it, but he said that not using both of those plugins helped him.

He was still having some freezing, and then he found that running as an administrator helped with that. I'm not sure why that would be the case, it's possible some plugin was still misbehaving.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

So, I get the dreaded "not responding" circle of death A LOT with Mixcraft. And I mean a lot. And I'm always forced to shut er down and "wait for Windows to report to Microsoft". For what purpose I do not know. Doesn't matter if I'm saving, deleting a track, or switching plugins. Pretty much everything is fair game. I don't know if it's a Windows issue or MC or both. I've optimized the best I can, but it's one of those chronic problems I've learned to live with and work around. I don't even bother submitting tickets for it. Doesn't seem worth it anymore. But sometimes I stop and wonder why. I check YouTube videos for a solution, but that's usually apples and oranges. Anyone else live with this affliction? :cry:
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

jwarv wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:14 pm ><s
<snip> I don't even bother submitting tickets for it. <snip> sometimes I stop and wonder why. <snip>
If you want to know why you need to submit a ticket.
It’s probably a funky third party plug-in or something.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

jlouvar wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:45 pm
jwarv wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:14 pm ><s
<snip> I don't even bother submitting tickets for it. <snip> sometimes I stop and wonder why. <snip>
If you want to know why you need to submit a ticket.
It’s probably a funky third party plug-in or something.
You're probably right. They're almost like viruses.