Unable to record

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ron0913

Unable to record

Post by Ron0913 »

Running Mixcraft 7 with 2 VST keyboards. Signals from both are obviously getting to the console because the meters light up, but when I arm the system and go, nothing is recorded. Can't figure out what I'm missing...
jlouvar

Re: Unable to record

Post by jlouvar »

Use just one keyboard at a time and unplug the other keyboard.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can actually arm a track for just one MIDI device if you wanted to record each keyboard on separate tracks.

Does it work if you just record one keyboard? It shouldn't make a difference. Make sure no other programs are running in the background when you test this, because other programs can intercept the MIDI before it gets to Mixcraft.

If that's not the problem, how are the keyboards connected to your computer?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ron0913

Post by Ron0913 »

Just did some more experimenting. Connected one midi keyboard via usb to computer. Opened a track in Mixcraft 7 and selected Hauptwerk VST, and everything works fine - meters show that signals are received, and I can add reverb etc. and plays great in real time. Problem is when I arm the track and press record, the track names the Hauptwerk VST but doesn't record anything. I've fussed around with midi ports, but it seems like "accept from all" should capture it. Other VSTs work fine. Is there such a thing as a VST that does everything except record? Where would the signal get lost between the signal meters and the record track? I've run out of ideas.