HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS - on Mixcraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kr236rk

HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS - on Mixcraft?

Post by kr236rk »

Hi,

Has anyone used HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS software in conjunction with Mixcraft please?

www-dot-soundsonline-dot-com/hollywood-choirs

Thanks! :)
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
cactus-head

Re: HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS - on Mixcraft?

Post by cactus-head »

I know this doesn't answer your question directly but, I've used Symphonic Choirs (SC) which I think is a predecessor to HC in Mixcraft. The choir itself sounds good. There are some neat sound effects that are fun. There are some great solo voices and overall good sounding stuff. The Word builder I find to be difficult to use and the results not that great unless you spend a great deal of time tweaking (which is no fun to me). The built in phrases are a good substitute for trying to build actual lyrics. Hearing the implication of words and languages works well and is less time consuming than trying to write out phrases and modify the vowels and consonants to sound right.

I'm not sure if all this applies to HC - maybe it has improvements over SC. In short, SC sounds good as a choir VST but the word builder isn't necessarily a plus. HC I imagine has quality sound, I just hope they improved the interface because SC is complicated. In mixcraft the VST loads without a problem. You can have an instance on each track so you can build your SATB or whatever your layout would be.
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks cactus-head,

The Word-Builder is what I'm looking at, but only for very simple stuff. I did try the KONTAKT software ooh's & arrr's but that's all you get, and the software was hellishly complicated even to accomplish that I found.

Would using HC as a VST be the only way to add choral effects to a project, or could you use HC in its 'stand-alone' capacity to do this? Am thinking my way round at the moment - HC is an unknown quantity for me.

If it loads OK as a VST in Mixcraft, then more the merrier - that would be no probs.

Thumbs up!
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi kr236rk,

SC can be run as a standalone too. Probably HC is designed similarly. It uses an interface called Play which doesn't require kontakt. You could conntect your midi keyboard or other device through what ever virtual interface you have (Midi Yoke, Loopbe, Interface Midi, etc) to it.

If you are triggering it externally through Mixcraft set the virtual instrument to External MIDI Devices
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks,

For now I just want it for backing vocals, but there are MIDI possibilities there as well.
Ric