Add 3rd party plugins windows

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

relindwto6

Add 3rd party plugins windows

Post by relindwto6 »

How do I add 3rd party plugin to mix craft? The plugin is not in .dll form. I’ll nave to double click on the installation file and it’ll ask me where I want to install. I’ll choose the directory n then in preferences I choose the same installed directory n rescan plugins. It’s not getting detected. What do I do? I’m a newbie. Do help. Thanks. Using mixcraft studio v7 pro.

The plugin I’m trying to install is MAGIX analog modelling suite. And it is not just .dll. It is by double clicking on an installation exe file.
Mark Bliss

Re: Add 3rd party plugins windows

Post by Mark Bliss »

Not familiar with that specific plug-in, but:

What folder are you installing to? In most cases, it is wise to use the default folder the installer chooses. Then making sure that folder is scanned by Mixcraft.

Beyond that, we will need more details to help.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, when you install the plugin, it will ask where to put its VST files. Make a note of that VST folder, then go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences and add that folder to the list. Finally, restart Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You said the plugin is not in dll form? That's what you will need for this application. During installation, you should see a screen that asks you to choose what type of files you want. ie- vst 32bit, vst 64bit, vst3 32bit, vst3 64bit, Audio Unit (AU), AAX, etc. I recommend choosing VST 64bit (AKA VST2 or VST2.4) if you have 64 bit Mixcraft. IMO, VST3 is still hit or miss with compatibility.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

relindwto6 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:28 pm How do I add 3rd party plugin to mix craft? The plugin is not in .dll form.
I never heard of a plugin that isn't DLL format (not VST anyway). I would contact Magix and ask.