Using "Read CD" crashes CD/DVD labelmaker

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Mb123

Using "Read CD" crashes CD/DVD labelmaker

Post by Mb123 »

I've been experiencing recent difficulties using CD/DVD Label Maker. I'll be trying to read the tracks from a CD-r of music but when I hit the "Read CD" button under the track menu the program closes without throwing an error message. The program screen just disappears like it has been closed. I assume it is crashing. Sometimes I can get the "Read CD" button to work if I uninstall my DVD/CD disc writer and restart the computer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker but that didn't solve my problem. Up until recently I never had this problem. I am running Windows Educational 10, version 1909. I have been in contact with Support and they suggested disabling my anti-virus even though I was able to use the program before with the anti-virus on. Disabling the anti-virus didn't fix the problem. Is my writer failing? I burn discs with CD Text enabled and when I play the discs with a software player on my desktop, the song titles appear as each track is played so I assume the song titles are being read off the CD since I am not connected to the internet. Any ideas on how to fix this? It may be just an anomaly with this one set of files because I burned a new set of files and the program was able to read the files off of the new disc. Why can the software CD player read the CD text off the disc but the Acoustica program can't?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Using "Read CD" crashes CD/DVD labelmaker

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're using a third-party algorithm to read CD-Text, and it does seem to crash for some people. A workaround would be to save a playlist and then use the Import option to load the playlist file. Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker can read almost any type playlist file.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101