"Mix To New Clip" option is not working.... + issues with izotope vst3 plugins + optimization & performance help ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acronyc

"Mix To New Clip" option is not working.... + issues with izotope vst3 plugins + optimization & performance help ?

Post by Acronyc »

Can anyone help me out with "Mix To New Clip" option ?. It is not working when i click it or tell me if i am missing out on anything ?

+ Mixcraft usually faces issues with izotope vst3 plugins like Neutron, Dynamic delay etc. plugins but works fine with vst2 type of these plugins but i feel like more resources are consumed with vst2 plugins since i encounter more crackling & popping with them. Vst3 issues persist since Mixcraft 8 like when i reopen saved project there is a sharp sound sometimes at start or vst3 plugins stop working. + mostly when i mix a project it misses out many sounds. (i think i have asked that before when i was using mixcraft 8 but did'nt send the error file).

Since Mixcraft 8 i have upgraded my laptop's ram from 8 gb ram to 16 gb ram (max) & replaced my laptop's mechanical drive to Samsung Evo 860 SSD. I have an i7 7500u max 3.5 GHZ with turbo boost (dual core)(i have read that quad core can be more beneficial). I use focusrite interface to reduce sound related load on laptop & keep buffer to 1024(max)(& use asio mode) for mixing & monitoring. I rely on using virtual instruments as i dont play any actual instrument. So any further tip or tricks for performance ? or if i am missing out on anything important as i still suffer many pops & cracks after using 4 to 5 virtual instruments.

I keep sample rate of 48000 HZ & 16 bit depth everywhere..

Coming back to first question....that option helps me to mix it to a new clip so i can add room for more tracks without facing cracks or pops but it is not working..

Lets me know any issues on my side...
Last edited by Acronyc on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Re: "Mix To New Clip" option is not working.... + issues with izotope vst3 plugins + optimization & performance help ?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 9.0 build 460?

What happens when you try to mix to a new audio track, exactly?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acronyc

Re: "Mix To New Clip" option is not working.... + issues with izotope vst3 plugins + optimization & performance help ?

Post by Acronyc »

Yes, i always update as soon as any new build is released...

Whenever i click "Mix To New Clip" option after working on a midi based compostion section basically nothing happens while it should mix it to a new track.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I sent you an email.

Greg
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

That option is still not working.....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does the problem happen in build 462?

If so, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Hi Acoustica Greg,

Unfortunately that problem still persists in the very latest build. I just sent the mixcraft-log.txt file as you aforementioned. Do i need to do clean reinstallation of mixcraft? but i fear to lose my custom presets.

Acronyc
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Selecting Mix To New Clip on a MIDI clip won't do anything unless you have resized the clip.

You want to freeze the track (Ctrl+F), or to use "Mix To New Audio Track," which is a right-click option in the area to the left of the track.

Greg
Acronyc

Post by Acronyc »

Hello Acoustica Greg,

I appreciate your response. My fault i forgot from where that options worked. Now i try to go through the manual throughly for common DAW related queries.