Turning A Project Into A Wav When Using External Synths

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GovernmentMule

Re: Turning A Project Into A Wav When Using External Synths

Post by GovernmentMule »

If you are willing to record the master tracks while playing the song why not just record your external synths onto audio tracks while playing the song and then you can just mixdown to a wav file? Isn't that just another route to the same product? Plus you also get the benefit of doing any further editing to the synth tracks in Mixcraft.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Right, you might actually save time by avoiding a bad final product with a few extra tweaks.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

This has been a very confusing discussion (for me). If I understand the request correctly, op would not be capturing the "live" synth work for replay in any form other than as it stands in a "final mix", which he basically wants to create in real time, as opposed to routing/recording the synth product to a couple tracks then doing a render? It sounds to me like the only advantage to this method would be to save the time of the render while it has the disadvantage of "locking" everything into one final version for all time. Must be pretty good/very busy to have that kind of confidence/impatience. imo

Don't mean to beat a dead horse tooo hard, but have I got the jist of the request?
Axl

Post by Axl »

Although I don't think Greg has a timetable for this request, they will certainly add your suggestion to the list of feature requests and consider it carefully. They are doing their best to focus on developing those features that are feasible and will benefit the majority of users and musicians. :idea: