Is it possible to go back to previous OS build in MixCraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Is it possible to go back to previous OS build in MixCraft?

Post by squeakie »

Is it possible to go back to a previous OS build in MixCraft? I’m trying to isolate an issue I’m having with a VST, and want to see if the previous OS fixes it.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
JonInc

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous OS build in MixCraft?

Post by JonInc »

squeakie wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:59 pm ... I’m trying to isolate an issue I’m having with a VST, and want to see if the previous OS fixes it.
Do you really mean previous O.S. (like Windows 7/8 instead of Win 10)? Or previous build of Mixcraft?

Both are possible; but the former would require wiping your hard drive and installing Win 7/8 (like a new PC), then installing Mixcraft.

The latter is a lot easier: Just uninstall the current Mixcraft, then install the previous version (Assuming you've kept the old installer).
Ianpb

Re: Is it possible to go back to previous OS build in MixCraft?

Post by Ianpb »

It's possible to run two versions of Mixcraft on a PC at the same time. I have versions 7.7 and 8.1 installed with no issues. I can even run them both at the same time as long as they're routed to different sound cards.