couple questions

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

onetimearound

couple questions

Post by onetimearound »

hey i'm new here.. i'm 13.. my bands myspace is www.myspace.com/onetimearoundrock1 and my questions are..

can you use "pitch correction" on mixcraft?
2. how do you work the virtual instruments?
3. and i used to use m-audio fast track session and i was wondering can i upload something from there to mixcraft to put vocals on it??/
4. is the only way to record guitar/bass through a mic?

THANKS SOOO MUCH ! i feel arrogant or whatever asking all these Qestions on my first post. but thanks again for whoever answers WELL APPRECIATED>.....p.s. i love this place.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Welcome to Mixcraft :-)
There is currently no pitch correction function built into Mixcraft. But you can use a 3rd party vst effect such as melodyne

2. Using virtual instruments and other "how to" are explained in our online manual and video tutorials here

3. If you can export from your sessions into a compatible format such as wav, mp3, ogg or wma, you can add the sounds to Mixcraft and work with them.

4. You can record guitar bass with a mic or plugged directly into your computer
onetimearound

Post by onetimearound »

how do u plug it in straight into the computer?? or am i just better off using a mic..
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes, using a mic is the best way. Direct lined guitars usually sound terrible.
There are many ways to do it, the most simple being to line out of your amp and into the line in on the computer.
ro1000

Post by ro1000 »

That's funny, I'm around your age. The guys at Mixcraft helped me incredibly when I was a newbie around here too! Like Acoustica Eric said, you CAN just mic a guitar (Just stick a mic in front of the amp your using and record it like that). You could also plug it into your computer and record it, then add amp effects later...but like Eric said, unless you buy a $500 amp effect (that uses so much memory that your computer crashes every time you use it...) it will sound horrible. So just follow what he said. Anyway, hope you do well in your band.