Re-mixing and Re-mastering

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kenrob2037

Re-mixing and Re-mastering

Post by kenrob2037 »

Hi All,

After years of learning Mixcraft and connecting technologies, I've finally found a a happy medium in all my mixing and mastering, and it is as simply as.

Most of my music is piano based. So I've recently gone from all the different PianoTeq instruments and other VSTs, to just one, Grandeur by Native Instruments, and it's just bloody fantastic. For years I've been struggling with low end mush in my piano sounds. Now, the Grandeur is so clear below middle C; it actually sounds like a real grand piano. And it's not as expensive as most of the other grand pianos VSTs.

What I use to do with mixing and mastering was to apply so many attributes, like parametric eq, various reverbs, tape emulators, limiters and so on, now with the clarity of Grandeur, I use VTC-1 Vacuum Tube Compressor, on Warm Tube setting and that's it.

I only need the standard concert hall reverb in Grandeur to make it sound like the real thing.

Plus, over the last 12 months, I have tried Pro Tools, Studio One 5 Artist and Cubase 11. While they all have their attributes, none are as easy to use, or can quickly create quality music as Mixcraft. Other DAWs have different and sometimes better music making processes, but none have the simplicity and ease of Mixcraft.

For instance, Studio One does not have a score layout, or simply automation. Cubase and Pro Tools were a nightmare to set up and to simply get a sound out of was a painful as having a tooth pulled. None worked as easily as Mixcraft does with midi. Importing a midi file into Pro Tools and setting everything up to make it play took me about an hour for a 20 track song; in Mixcraft it set up the instruments automatically.

Anyway, I'm so glad I've stuck with Mixcraft and so gratefully for all their help, I do bug them a lot, so thanks everyone.

Here's an edited and re-mastered 2016 Jazz album of mine for piano and percussion with my new settings and instrument.
https://robjkennedy.bandcamp.com/album/ ... to-the-end

Cheers,

Rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
Ian Craig

Re: Re-mixing and Re-mastering

Post by Ian Craig »

Thanks for sharing Rob :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

That truly is a great piano sound.
kenrob2037

Post by kenrob2037 »

Yes, I was blown away. To me, it is exactly like the real thing. My neighbours must think I have a concert grand in my house.

Cheers,

rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300