Behringer X Touch universal

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

arcie31

Behringer X Touch universal

Post by arcie31 »

Just bought one of these for Mixcraft 9pro studio. Anybody else got one. looking for tips and/or advice
Thanks
Rolling Estonian

Re: Behringer X Touch universal

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I'd like to hear others input as well, looks like a really nice unit but wondering what you can do with the display and a lot of those buttons on the right side. Don't know if Mackie with Mixcraft will let those be of use. Would feel guilty having so many buttons and not be able to use them.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yeah, the tip would be to select Mackie Control in Mixcraft's Control Surface preferences.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I just ordered one today. I’ll be using it with Studio One 5, and MixCraft 9 Pro. Can’t wait to try it out!

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Sweet! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

M
arcie31

Post by arcie31 »

I just bought one. Setting it up this weekend. I believe most of the buttons won't work. I am hoping Mixcraft 10 will enable for functions to be useable
liight

Post by liight »

Yoo I Just Bought One The Other Day, Have Yall Found Any Tips For Setting It Up With Mixcraft? Havent Really Seen Much For It
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

liight wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:43 pm Yoo I Just Bought One The Other Day, Have Yall Found Any Tips For Setting It Up With Mixcraft? Havent Really Seen Much For It
Hi,

Did you try selecting Mackie Control in Mixxraft's control surface preferences?

Greg
liight

Post by liight »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:59 am
liight wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:43 pm Yoo I Just Bought One The Other Day, Have Yall Found Any Tips For Setting It Up With Mixcraft? Havent Really Seen Much For It
Hi,

Did you try selecting Mackie Control in Mixxraft's control surface preferences?

Greg
Hey im just now seeing this, and yea i set it up using mackie controls, it lets me use the faders and transport controls and the spinning wheel but the knobs only work for panning L/R and not anything else and alot of the other buttons on the right side don't work in mixcraft. I tried using the learn midi but it wouldn't work on any of the buttons or knobs or faders. I downloaded other software to try out the x touch and i seen it was fully working on some other daws as with the mackie controls. I've seen others with the x touch say they had same problems and that its something to do with mixcrafts mackie controls to where it won't let us map buttons on the x touch.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you change the control protocol from HUI/Mackie to MIDI? If so, that would allow you to use Mixcraft's MIDI Learn feature.

Greg
liight

Post by liight »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:59 am Hi,

Can you change the control protocol from HUI/Mackie to MIDI? If so, that would allow you to use Mixcraft's MIDI Learn feature.

Greg
I put the mode on MC and the interface on MIDI but then the scribble strips and some other controls wasn't working when i did it. When i keep the mode on MC and change the interface to USB then i get the same controls back that i was able to use. I noticed on other DAWs that even when i have the mode set to MC and the interface set to USB that im still able to use the MIDI Learn function for all the buttons and knobs depending on the DAW, where as mixcraft im not able to use all the buttons or program the knobs to anything other than panning L/R and some of the buttons don't seem to light up like they should on mixcraft compared to other DAWs with same settings.