Animal & nature sound effect request

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: Animal & nature sound effect request

Post by Mark Bliss »

OK, Apology, in retrospect that sounds far more snarky than intended.
I am in fact here trying to help you.

The simple facts are: There are tons and tons (and tons) of plug-ins, virtual instruments, Samples and loops available to use in virtually any DAW you might care to use. Creating yet another, especially aimed at such a niche interest, IMO kind of becomes a lot of effort for a very small audience.

You describe your pleas and interest in going ignored as if "no one cares"
What you are describing is basically "sound design". And however you approach it, using preset patches would only be a starting point in sound design. And as I pointed out, multiple ways exist to approach it.

My previous post was intended to point out- it is often best to seek out and learn what works and what others are doing, instead of trying to bend something into functioning in a way that its doesn't do well. "Re-inventing the wheel" is a frustrating path to choose.

And thank you for listening to my Soundcloud examples. For the record they are largely (old) examples of practice sessions from lessons in various disciplines of producing, editing, mixing and mastering. I am glad you like them, but calling me the artist would honestly be generous... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Animal/nature sounds that are not actual real samples but simulated by a synth aka "patches" are a very niche thing and not as common or in demand as you seem to think; that's why DAWs have little if any and most VIs have little if any as well...but I'm sure they're out there.

That said, I'm not aware of any and would be curious if anyone knew of any inexpensive/free ones. Sometimes I want a sample and that's easy to find, but sometimes I want a synth-like approximation. Omnisphere probably does, but I'm not about to spend all that money for something I mostly don't want or need. I checked Absynth and Massive which I wasn't surprised to find don't.

ETA: I did find this FYI http://syncersoft.com/noiseforest.htm Not free, but $20 is pretty inexpensive.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Heroes 3DO wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:24 pm . But I need more. Cats, Dogs, whales, monkeys, tigers, snakes, fish, crabs.
I'd sure love to hear what crabs sound like. LOL :lol:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

It sounds like little screams when they go into a steam pot. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Mark Bliss wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 pm It sounds like little screams when they go into a steam pot. 8)
Ouch!
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 pm It sounds like little screams when they go into a steam pot. 8)
No that's lobsters. I think crabs get a whack on the head. Wait that's cows. Hm