Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mixyguy2 »

Is there a Mixcraft 9.1 (or 10) in the works? I don't want to waste my great suggestions idly :wink:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Gotcha. Thanks for the suggestion!

A different way to do it right now: put each MIDI part on a separate track in a submix, use Route To Track to send the MIDI from those tracks to your VSTi, then collapse the submix.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TechnoEngineer

Post by TechnoEngineer »

When inserting a Virtual Instrument track, a category of "recently used" would be nice (in addition to <Favourites> <VSTI Instruments> etc)

A pop-up form for this might be an easier solution.
Last edited by TechnoEngineer on Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

TechnoEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:58 pm When inserting a Virtual Instrument track, a category of "recently used" would be nice (in addition to <Favourites> <VSTI Instruments> etc)
Yes, this!
TechnoEngineer

Post by TechnoEngineer »

Also when recording, is there an option to start actually recording after a bar? Normally I hear "clack" "bop" "bop" "bop" before doing anything so I have to remove the silence afterwards.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can enable the metronome count-in.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
notnotant

Post by notnotant »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:38 am
notnotant wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:46 pm I know Mixcraft provides markers to adjust tempo and time signature however it felt a little clunky to use. With the tempo track editor I can very easily use the drawing tool to mark out the points on the bars where I want to change, and if needs be, insert a different time signature at the top of the graph. This is great for songs which are constantly changing BPM and time signatures.

All the best,

Ant
Hi,

Do you know about tempo automation on the master track in Mixcraft 9? Check out this video:

https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/videos/f ... mixcraft-9

Greg
Thank you, I don't know how I missed this. Previously I had searched for such a feature but nothing popped up. Thank you!
uchmania

Post by uchmania »

ADM wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:28 am I know I've asked before but, Santa didn't bring it last time... :( so may as well try again....

I'd love to have the Midi routing from plugins like Cthultu,Scaler and Instachord et al, to other virtual instruments on different tracks :mrgreen:

Also ... some small flashing lights on muted tracks would be handy... there's always one pesky track I forget is still muted.
Absolutely. I am currently a reaper and studio one user, i was just about to take the plunge into mixcraft 9 when i discovered this basic feature is not implemented. I will be holding on till it's done as I basically use chord theory plugins as my workflow entry. Please implement at next release so I can get into the world of mixcraft. Thank you...potential client...
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I've mentioned this in the past but probably not in a feature suggestion thread :

Please let me view Time and Beats at the same time.

The way I would like to see this implemented is to add the current track time to the right of the TIME / BEATS button at the top as default. Toggling would the TIME / BEATS button would then show current beat data there.

I have never understood why these have always been mutually exclusive.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

TechnoEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:58 pm When inserting a Virtual Instrument track, a category of "recently used" would be nice (in addition to <Favourites> <VSTI Instruments> etc)
That would be a very nice to have.

Request that this feature be disabled or at least made optional: when I hit "R" it starts recording. For someone who uses the computer keyboard to "play" more than a little, this drives me insane.

Also, while I love and appreciate that I can move the transport bar to the top or bottom of the screen now, it would be great if I could make it undockable and drag it to wherever I want. Also being able to resize the window (so for ex I could have the buttons going vertically vs horizontally or somewhere in between) would be great.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Something that I think could definitely help Mixcraft's selling power going forward is some improvement in the included Acoustica (i.e. not third party) effects plugins. There is a full suite there, but they're really - really - basic and most have such a stripped-down, 90s look with those plain green bars. That said, I love bars and levers/faders WAY more than knobs, but the UIs really need an upgrade along with more features on each.

I realize this is probably down the list of other ideas for a new version, but I would not overlook it; I've read my share of "what's the best DAW" discussions online (to which I never hesitate to say Mixcraft!), but I see a lot of "I like it because of the fantastic included plugins."
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Any chance of ARA compatibility? I'd love to be able to use VocAlign in Mixcraft.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi

It would be helpful to be able to change the note duration for the beat reference in Mixcraft. For instance, usually when someone is dealing in 6/8 time, they are using a dotted quarter note as a beat reference so that the beat falls on 1 and 4. However, because Mixcraft references the quarter note only, you wind up having the beat on 1, 3, and 5, which is not really natural in such circumstances. It also makes determining a tempo trickier as well.
touchstone

Post by touchstone »

I would like to see more support for control surfaces. More specificially the X touch one which is a very affordable midi control surface, I can't configure the buttons as it doesn't show up in the control surfaces box.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

In further support of the flexible beat reference value suggestion, I believe that would allow the user to effectively obtain tempos far below 40 bpm, as some of our Mixcraft sound designers have requested.