SAVING SETTINGS

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

SAVING SETTINGS

Post by geobee »

Hi all, is there a way to ''save'' a scene where I have a couple of virtual instruments set up to receive midi signals from an external source, being a keyboard? I find it frustrating to have to go through all the setup and midi channel details every time I log in to record. I would assume there would be a way to store the setup, but just not sure how it's done. Cheers. Geoff
jwarv

Re: SAVING SETTINGS

Post by jwarv »

You can try to save it as a template file. But that's only my guess.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Jwarv is right, just open a new project and set everything up the way you want it then go to the file menu and select Save AS and when the window pops up select the Save As Type button and select "Template". Then when you run Mixcraft just select Load Template and choose whatever you named the template. Check out pages 32 thru 36 in the manual.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

GovernmentMule wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 am Jwarv is right, just open a new project and set everything up the way you want it then go to the file menu and select Save AS and when the window pops up select the Save As Type button and select "Template". Then when you run Mixcraft just select Load Template and choose whatever you named the template. Check out pages 32 thru 36 in the manual.
Phew! Thanks.

I will say that recently I recorded a live performance and had to set it all up ahead of time. I was worried that if I armed all the tracks before saving and shutting down that they would disarm when I restarted it. But it opened with them all armed. So, that was good.
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks to all, yes, it works well, and saves setting it all up each time. Cheers