Video Rendering - Resolved

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Video Rendering - Resolved

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Hi all

Apologies if covered before. I did do a quick search but didn't find anything relevant.

Basically I've completed my first video project and started the mixdown to mp4 late last night (well early hours tbh). I slowly realised that it was going to take a while so just went off to bed. However, I've just checked and progress is now at 65%.

I just wanted to know if it is normal for mixing down a video to take so long? The video is just under 20 mins. Also is there an abort option as I just wanted to get a rough idea of what the finished product would be like. I don't want to have to wait another day to mixdown the final version again.

Thanks.
Last edited by Mr.Mxyzptlk on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Acoustica Greg

Re: Video Rendering

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you mixing down to a super high quality video? You could click Edit Details when you go to mix down and dial it back a bit until you do the final render.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Thanks Greg. I'm doing another render and it's sitting at 65% after about 30 mins approx so yesterday must have been a glitch. I didn't see the Edit Details option so I'll check it out when it's finished.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi, I have a similar processor to yours, and have found a lot has to do with the integrated Intel graphics and how it manages memory. There are ways to boost video memory allocation, but I found that my 6th gen mobile i5 laptop blows the doors off the 4th gen desktop i5 even though it is 800 mhz slower. If you have room for a 2gb video card it will make all the difference in the world.

Nathan
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Re: Video Rendering - Resolved.

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Cheers. It's not in my sig but I have a nVidia Quadro K1200 4GB card installed as well. When mixing down, It seems to alternate between a very long render and a quick one for some reason.

The final render completed fine in about 40 mins, which I can live with.