MixCraft 9 Pro & latest iZotopes

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Kuba W

MixCraft 9 Pro & latest iZotopes

Post by Kuba W »

Hi.

Is anyone succesfully using Ozone 9 / Neutron 3 / Nectar 3 with MX9 Pro?

I'm considering update from Bundle 2 - Ozone 7 / Neutron / Nectar 2, but MixCraft is not listed among supported DAWs.

I believe it was the same when I bought that Bundle, but want to make shure it's gonna work properly.

Thanks
cactus-head

Re: MixCraft 9 Pro & latest iZotopes

Post by cactus-head »

Yes I use Neutron 3 advanced, relay, Visual mixer, nectar 3 plus, ozone 9 advanced, tonal balance control 2.

I probably use ozone 9 and nectar 3 the most. However, they are resource demanding. If you can use send tracks and have only one or two instances, you'll probably be good unless you have a real beast of a computer. I have a 9 year old i7 laptop and it strains at the seams if I go too heavy on the effects processing.

Ozone 9 you can run as a standalone to master your project outside of Mixcraft - but you can use it as a plugin also. I've had no problem except what I mention above. Takes a lot of resources as plugins.
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Yeah, I realise that.

I'm rather more concerned over the soft to soft compatibility than power requirements.

Like I said, Mixcraft was not listed as supported, plus these new plugins are VST3 only and Mixcraft 9 had issues with some of them.

But if you say you use them in, that's what I wanted to know.

Thanks
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I've had no software issues using them. They work great with mixcraft in my experience
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

That's good.

I've had some problems with some VST3 versions - Nectar 2 for example and since then I was only using vst versions.

That was likely fixed with some update, but since new bundle is VST3s only, I wanted to make shure it's ok.

Thanks again.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

You bring up an interesting point. I have both VST and VST3 from the bundle I bought. I almost always use VST. I've found that if I have some tracks or effects with VST3 and others with VST at the same time, I eventually run into problems. not just ozone, but any effects or instruments. Since so many plugins are VST and not VST3, I remain consistent across the board with only one type. However, I don't remember there being any problems using the VST3s from iZotope.
comedians

Post by comedians »

I mostly buck the trend, I have no problem with VST3 in Izotope, (and others actually). Yes Nectar 2 was resources hungry but Nectar 3 is much lighter as are Ozone9 and Neutron3 compared to the earlier versions which I had resource issues with.

Not sure they are vst3 only though, can't check right now but I'm sure they come with VST also
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Hi

I had some issues with crashes caused by iZotope plugins, diagnosed by Acoustica. For me the issue seemed to be having more than one version of the plug in installed. Once I got rid of the older versions - no problems....
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

comedians wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:34 pm Not sure they are vst3 only though, can't check right now but I'm sure they come with VST also
Yeah, I cant find where I read it, but lookin now and VSTs are listed.
comedians wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:34 pm but Nectar 3 is much lighter as are Ozone9 and Neutron3 compared to the earlier versions which I had resource issues with
That's nice then, if I made it with the older ones, then should be even better.
Northfield.Lenox wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:39 pm For me the issue seemed to be having more than one version of the plug in installed. Once I got rid of the older versions - no problems....
That was going to be my next question, if it's possible to keep different versions like Mixcraft does or it's gonna update the existing ones.

Getting rid of the old versions is not the best solution actually, as you also 'get rid' of the projects containing them...
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi. I've had zero problems with the latest iZotope stuff, though I don't use them much for resource reasons as others have stated.

Nathan
comedians

Post by comedians »

That was going to be my next question, if it's possible to keep different versions like Mixcraft does or it's gonna update the existing ones.
No, the earlier versions stay as they were.
Gold Dust

Post by Gold Dust »

Old thread, but I just found out what worked for me to avoid the CPU 100% issue when using Izotope plug-ins.
I disabled my graphic card (Nvidia) in the device manager (Windows) and just used the regular stuff that came with the computer.
Instead of hitting CPU 100% when putting Relay on 12 of my 22 tracks, I now have CPU around 30% with Relay on all tracks and Neutron 3 on the master.
Perhaps it is just my configuration, but it could be worth a try. Hope it helps.
GD