Odd Mixing Issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dick43

Odd Mixing Issue

Post by Dick43 »

I'm mixing a project with four vocal tracks and two acoustic guitar tracks. All the vocal tracks are panned center. When I solo each of them they are panned center as desired. But, with respect to one vocal track, when I listen to it along with one rhythm guitar track (which is panned about 60% to a side), that vocal is no longer centered but is panned hard. I have no idea why that would be the case, or how to fix the mix so that that vocal remains panned center.

Thanks

Dick43
Acoustica Greg

Re: Odd Mixing Issue

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you record that audio clip? If you armed the track for stereo (instead of left or right), then the audio may only be in one channel. Arming a track on the left gives you audio from input 1 and arming on the right gives you input 2.

If this is the case, right-click on the audio clip, select Properties, then Channels, and finally the side that has the audio, (left or right).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Dick43

Re: Odd Mixing Issue

Post by Dick43 »

Thanks....have not had a chance to try that, but oddly when I moved my pan setting to either side (let's say 25%) that vocal track played in the center! So solved via a workaround, but want to try your suggestion soon.

Dick