windows error sound

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bsheen74

windows error sound

Post by bsheen74 »

MY guess is, this is a not a mixcraft thing, but maybe some one here can tell me.

After I wake the monitors up after turning off (the pc is set to never sleep, just the monitors), if I click on anything Mixcraft I get the windows error sound that happens when you are clicking on a window but there is already another window open that needs to be addressed before moving on.

Again it doesn't matter where in Mixcraft I click I get that sound. The entire program is frozen. Only thing I can do is end it in task manager.

Appreciate any help!
bsheen74

Re: windows error sound

Post by bsheen74 »

Greg do you have any suggestions or ideas?
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Sounds like your graphic drivers aren't waking up all the way.

Try this next time after waking your monitors:

Press Win+Ctrl+Shift+B (All four keys at the same time). The screens will flicker for a second. This restarts your graphic drivers.

Now start Mixcraft and see what happens. If it solves the problem you will have to do this after every monitor nap ;)
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

Hmm. I'll definitely give that a try. Is it odd that I'd be able to open up any other program with out issue?

I will also add... I haven't let the monitors go to sleep with Mixcraft minimized. Its always maximized.
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

Another note...I didn't have Mixcraft opened, but this google chrome window was (and maximized) and it works with no issue.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It could also be an audio driver that's having trouble waking up. Make sure you have the latest updated driver.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

Ok...I tried the ctrl+alt+windows+shift+b. No go.
I did about 2 weeks ago get a new audio interface(Presonus Studio 1810c). All drivers seem to be up to date.

I can hear audio playback from the Groove music app or watching youtube. And I also hear that "error sound" from windows.

I also just recently changed the power settings in windows to high performance.

Is there something in the power settings that would affect it?
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

Greg, you might be right about the audio device. I've got an instance of Superior Drummer 3 open, and in the bottom right corner it says "Audio engine inactive, check audio device".

So if its not being woken back up from Mixcraft, how do I wake it back up. Again I can hear playback through Groove music app, and through google chrome, youtube etc. But not Mixcraft.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

If you don't need Windows sounds, disable them. Long shot that it will fix this issue, but they have been known to cause problems elsewhere.

Other things to try:
If you have to let your monitors hibernate, there are some freeware utilities that can manage monitor hibernation (instead of Windows). One of these might work without hanging Mixcraft.

Alternatively, of course, you can just shut down Mixcraft after each session...
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with how Mixcraft handles 2 VSTIs at one time being opened. Or at least 2 Toontrack VSTIs. In every case I have left Superior and Ezkeys opened. What I am noticing (while normally using) is that when I click on ezkeys, superior displays the audio engine error in the bottom right corner. But when I click back to superior it(the error) goes away.

I closed superior and let the monitors turn off. Upon waking them back up everything is working as it should

So to this point the error has occurred with Mixcraft open and those two VSTIs opened. And again upon waking the monitors back up ALL areas of Mixcraft and the VSTIs generate that "wrong click error sound".
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

Does anyone else use specifically Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 and EZKeys? And tell me if you've run into issues using them at the same time as well as the "waking up" issue I'm experiencing.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I use ezkeys and ezdrummer.
I have never experienced the described problem. But my computer is set to never sleep when in use, and I habitually save, close all programs and shut down at the end of a session.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

I know I've run into issues with not being able to hear both Superior/EzDrummer and EZKeys at the same time if all of the midi is in their browsers. Once I pull the midi onto a track in Mixcraft it is not an issue, but using their song builder only the one selected in Mixcraft will play the audio.