New to Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

outteh

Re: New to Mixcraft 9

Post by outteh »

Did you try any of the tips in the link I posted previously. It seems like windows is not recognizing your audio interface. :D
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi Tom,

Yes I did. In Device Manager (sound, video and games controllers) it says that Realtek (R) Audio is working properly. Is that what you mean? But I still can't get a sound out of my keyboard and the ASIO icon still isn't live.

Anything else I can do?

Like your music by the way!

Mick
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Stratocaster wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 am Hi Tom,

Yes I did. In Device Manager (sound, video and games controllers) it says that Realtek (R) Audio is working properly. Is that what you mean? But I still can't get a sound out of my keyboard and the ASIO icon still isn't live.

Anything else I can do?

Mick
I'm confused, what do you mean sound out of your keyboard? Your keyboard is not supposed to make sounds, it's a MIDI keyboard.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Is this your interface?

https://www.amazon.com/Moukey-Interface ... op?ie=UTF8

If so, from what I have read it is a plug and play device and Mixcraft will not recognize it a an ASIO device because there is no ASIO drivers.

You will probably have to go to your Windows 10 sound settings and set it up in there.

You should be able to right click on your little speaker icon down in the taskbar on the bottom right corner and use the sound settings to configure your Moukey as the input and output device. In the Mixcraft settings you should be able to just use the computer settings (Realtek) and hopefully Windows 10 will steer the audio to your Moukey.

You also need to go into your Mixcraft preferences in the Midi section and make sure that your keyboard is enabled and that Mixcraft is seeing it.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Stratocaster wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 am Hi Tom,

Anything else I can do?

Mick
In device manager the Realtek device is your computers on board sound card. You need to find your Moukey device in device manager so it can be used by windows. In Mixcraft, if you have core audio or wav checked in the sound interface do you see your Moukey device? Did you get any user instructions on how to connect and set up the Moukey in windows?
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi,

The good news is that my keyboard is now recognised by Mixcraft! In 'Preferences' I pressed the Midi button and my Q25 was there. Yippee!

But I still have a problem getting sound out of my electric guitar. I did as you suggested, right clicked on the sound settings icon bottom right. and verified that my Moukey interface was there. But when I plug my guitar in and arm to record, the message is 'There was a problem arming an input! Please make sure that the input device is working properly and the latest drivers installed properly'

Cheers,

Mick
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Government Mule,

Yes, that's my Moukey Interface! I'll keep slogging away until I prevail!!

Cheers,

Mick
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Now go into Mixcraft Preferences and select each of the Drivers (Core Audio, Asio, Wave) and see what choices they give you for Recording Device and Playback Device. I do not believe "Moukey " will show up because there is no driver installed. But I read a review where they said it would list as "USB Microphone Device". Which would make sense because this interface is not made to work with DAW's but is made to work with tablets, Ipad's and podcasting I believe.

I'm assuming you selected the Moukey in your windows 10 sound settings, correct?
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

When I go into preferences the Core Audio and Wave icons are live but the ASIO one isn't.

The choices I get from the two live ones include Moukey, not USB Microphone Device. When I play my electric guitar, the sound is good and full in my headphones, but when I record some playing, it's very faint and tinny, like it's hearing it but not fully.

In my computer sound settings I've selected Microphone (Moukey MSc1).

Thanks,

Mick
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click on the small arrow next to the Arm button on an audio track. Be sure that the correct recording device is selected there.

Once in a while, someone will select a laptop's internal microphone or a webcam mic by mistake.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi Greg,

When I go to Preferences, my Moukey Interface is there under 'Default Recording Device' and also there under 'Playback Device'.

When I click the arrow next to the arm button on an audio track as you suggest, and select Microphone (Moukey) ---- (Stereo) the message comes up 'There was a problem arming and input! Please make sure that the input device is working and the latest drivers are installed. Properly.

As I said previously, I can hear my guitar perfectly well in my headphones but it won't record.

Cheers,

Mick
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Windows settings, find the privacy settings, and make sure that Mixcraft has permission to use the microphone.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi Greg,

In the tutorial about arming and recording, it shows the ASIO icon as an option. On my version of Mixcraft 9 and 7, the ASIO icon isn't live. Is that a part of the problem? And why can't I choose it as an option?

By the way, someone's coming to help me tomorrow regarding my computer's privacy settings as I'm not sure what you mean!

Cheers,

Mick
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

If your interface doesnt supply an ASIO driver, (or you dont install the generic ASIO driver), you wont have that option available.

I'd suggest that the best solution may be to purchase an audio interface more suited to the application. I have never heard of the one you are using, but it sounds like its just not well suited for your needs.
You may be able to find a solution, but you will probably always find it a compromise at best.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Stratocaster

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi Mark,

That's a good point you make about my audio interface maybe not being compatible with Mixcraft. My problem is I'm more of a musician than a technician and need some guidance here. Can you suggest a suitable one? I don't really want to buy one and find out that it doesn't work!

Cheers,

Mick