midi controller

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

hpharley90

midi controller

Post by hpharley90 »

I am about to jump in to uncharted waters concerning midi. Will this controller work with 9 pro studio?

MIDIPLUS AKM320 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller, Black, 32-key
61iOxlKbeKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61iOxlKbeKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Sturdy

Re: midi controller

Post by Sturdy »

I haven't read anything about that small controller, but can confirm that Nektar Impact LX25 one works fine for me. I got the B-stock one from Sweetwater. There was a video on youtube someone posted to help me set up the transport controls to work with the daw, and was pretty painless.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... pactLX25PB

Others in previous threads have posted what they use without issue; may be able to find with search.
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

I like having assignable knobs (and pads for performance mode) on my controller because I use many synthesizer plugins and having control over a just few parameters (filter cutoffs, resonance, fine tuning.....) can make a huge difference. Yeah the Nektar Impact LX25 looks great. The other thing is a good audio interface like a Focusrite Scarlett...way better than laptop sound hardware.

I am starting to appreciate slim/mini keys these days
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Sturdy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:27 pm I haven't read anything about that small controller, but can confirm that Nektar Impact LX25 one works fine for me. I got the B-stock one from Sweetwater. There was a video on youtube someone posted to help me set up the transport controls to work with the daw, and was pretty painless.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... pactLX25PB

Others in previous threads have posted what they use without issue; may be able to find with search.
Thank you. i will buy this and return the other.
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

I didn't realize you already had the keyboard in possession. Before you return it - what you have may very well work fine with Mixcraft 9. If you can, try it with the Mixcraft demo (if you haven't purchased Mixcraft yet) - it may very well work fine. There was a recent post of someone with a cheaper offbrand midi-controller that they couldn't get to work, and some comments around I think one of the newer keyboards or pads (novation mk3 I think) having issues - but my general sense is most of the stuff out there works fine.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Definitely try it out. It will probably work, and if it doesn't, we can troubleshoot.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

thanks you guys.
No problem. I already ordered the b-stock from Sweetwater and returned the other. And the one posted above that I returned does work. I got it to give me drum sounds in Superior Drummer 3. But I had already ordered B-stock. But I don't know anything about midi and am on a steep learning curve.
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10