Request for a new function

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Mike

Request for a new function

Post by Mike »

I was told by Acoustica in an previous posting that Label Maker does not retain any Copied information, that function being provided by the Windows Clipboard. But if I select a Copy function (either a Text Object etc), my Clipboard is blank.

You can Copy and Paste something from within a current project, but, but not from one project to another. Once you've closed a project, any Copy information is lost.

I would like a future version to have the facility to Copy/Cut/Paste from one project to another.
Mike

Post by Mike »

May I make a correction to my post. Sorry Acoustica, but Label Maker does Copy to the Clipboard, although only text is displayed in the latter, but not images.

But I stand by my original request: I would like a future version to have the facility to Copy/Cut/Paste from one project to another. If you have a 'set' of CDs (say 4 or 6) and want all the front covers to be the same, this facility would save a lot of work. When you've spent some time 'composing' a cover with images etc, it would then be easier to Copy/Paste it into the next CD in the series instead of having to create the same cover 4 or 6 times over.
Peru

Post by Peru »

Mike wrote: If you have a 'set' of CDs (say 4 or 6) and want all the front covers to be the same, this facility would save a lot of work. When you've spent some time 'composing' a cover with images etc, it would then be easier to Copy/Paste it into the next CD in the series instead of having to create the same cover 4 or 6 times over.
Can't you just save the first CD project and when you are making the next one just keep the front cover and replace the rest of the information and save it as a different file?
Mike

Post by Mike »

A good tip 'Peru', and one that I do use to a certain extent. It's just that I had a particular Project where the track details were lengthy, plus a mixture of bold and italic text (I mentioned this in another posting), which involved a lot of individual formatting. But I did get round it by identically re-creating the front labels for each CD - which took up a lot less time!