Mixcraft Crashing while saving project

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Fansang

Mixcraft Crashing while saving project

Post by Fansang »

First tech info upfront
MX9 Recording Studio 64 Bit Build 469
running on:
Windows 10 PRO
2.93GHz Processor
16GB RAM

The problem I'm having seems to be this.

Oftentimes while working on a project I'll run into issues with MX crashing while saving the project or making changes in whatever VST I many be running. Typically I have EZdrummer2 for my drums, EZBass and Bias FX2 for guitars. For whatever reason that I cannot determine sometimes MX just crashes while saving or just while a track is playing and I make adjustments within the VST. As I've not been working on anything too serious as of late it hasn't been an issue but I'm worried about losing whatever progress I may make on a project when this happens.

Just now I was using just Acoustica's Power Room kit and Bias FX for guitars to record a quick idea and it crashed while saving and I lost everything I'd done. Granted, it was only 10 minutes of work lost but I'd hate for it to turn into something bigger down the road.

Thanks in advance!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Crashing while saving project

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101