Newbie questions

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Xnah

Newbie questions

Post by Xnah »

1) I noticed that the included sounds are stored in a subfolder of the Beatcraft folder. Is it possible to store those somewhere else (a different disk)?

2) Actually, what I want to accomplish, is to add my own drum samples (USB-) disk to Beatcraft, in addition to or instead of the provided samples. Is something like that possible? or is that exactly what the built-in explorer is for?

3) If I add additional sounds to a Beatcraft pattern, where will they be stored? Is there a copy made in the Beatcraft directory? or is the original sample just 'referenced to' from within the pattern?

4) I added my VST directory to Beatcraft, and although there is a line 'VST' in the dropwdown box, I don't see any of my VST's, although I see my DX plugins in the list. (The same VST directory works for ACID Pro, Orion, etc etc., so that should not be the problem).

Thanks for reading and replying :).
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hello, I will try to answer all your questions.

You can move those samples, but then your pre configured kits (when opened) will want you to broswe for the sound samples. But only one time if you save the kit after you load all the sounds.

Yes, you can use any sound you want within beatcraft, I have an 18 piece Tama kit available for free on my site here http://www.demondigital.com/backstage/tutorials.php

Beatcraft references the original file, it does not make copies to store in it's own directory. So you can load them from any drive you want.

Make sure you click the auto scan for vst directories. within preferences, it should find and use your effects easily.

If not, let me know which vst's you are using and I will try them here to make sure they will work with Beatcraft.
Xnah

Post by Xnah »

Strange.

Thanks for the answers regarding sounds and samples. Although I cannot access the demondigital site (Haven't been able to load that page ever since I joined this forum).

I don't understand what's going wrong with the VST's, especially since it apparently works well for you (and others).

I had my VST FX directory added in the list, but no VST's turn up. I did the scan for directories too, but all that happens is that it adds 15-20 vendor directories that I don't use (but which may contain VST DLL's).

The only VST's that appear in the list after scanning are AbsynthFX and ReaktorFX (which I both never use as FX). Things that should have been found are a.o. Nomad Factory Blue Tubes, Kjaerhus Gold, Voxengo stuff, PSP plugins, and a couple of 100 others.
I use VST's all the time, so I'm 100% sure that they are installed correctly and should work correctly.

Is there a logfile created somewhere that I could send to you? btw I don't need to be able to use all of my plugins from within Beatcraft, but especially the bundles mentioned above would come to mind. Of course the other solution would be to only create single instrument patterns and render them separately and then apply the FX in the host... So it's not a problem that cannot be solved in another way...
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes, Beatcraft creates a log file every time you use it,
Look in it's install dir. and you should see it.

If you want to send the log file, feel free to do so at our support link within the Acoustica web site.

Concerning accessing my site, if you can tell me you ip i will allow you through specifically.
creativeforge

Re:

Post by creativeforge »

Xnah wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:49 am The only VST's that appear in the list after scanning are AbsynthFX and ReaktorFX (which I both never use as FX). Things that should have been found are a.o. Nomad Factory Blue Tubes, Kjaerhus Gold, Voxengo stuff, PSP plugins, and a couple of 100 others.
Sorry to revive this, but doing a search shows this 15 year old post which describe my own issue. Was this ever solved?

Nomad Factory... I am having the same issue with their plugin in MIXCRAFT 8. Shows in Unable to load, but installation and authorization were done correctly.

Thanks!