Mixcraft 9 Pro tempo increase and pitch

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stubby03

Mixcraft 9 Pro tempo increase and pitch

Post by Stubby03 »

I have had Mixcraft 9 Pro studio for about a month now. I have noticed when I open a saved project, it has increased in tempo and pitch. I closed it, reopen it, and its back to normal. It did it to me this morning. I closed it and reopened it about 3 times. Still the same tempo and pitch increase. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks
Stubby03

Re: Mixcraft 9 Pro tempo increase and pitch

Post by Stubby03 »

I just switched from Asio driver to Wave RT, and it went back to normal. I then switched back to Asio, and it stayed in the proper tempo and pitch. Very Weird.
Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

Hopefully I have somebody's attention for a follow up question. When using the ASIO driver, I am able to record with my Tascam 1800. It shows all of my inputs to arm a track. But when I switch to WaveRT the only option I get when arming a track is "Line In (Tascam1800) Stero, Left channel, right channel. Why is that.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Just keep it on ASIO, far superior if your PC is powerful enough.

M
Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

Thank Estonian, learn something everyday.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

also check the sample rate of the ASIO driver. A change in Hz will affect the playback speed/pitch . You may have recorded at one rate, but your settings now are at a different rate.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

Went to record an idea this morning. Put down a drum beat, my bass, tuned with mixcraft. Then my guitar, tuned with an external tuner. Something wasnt right. Clicked from Asio to Wave RT, then back. Boom. It was very slow and tuned down. Everytime I record, I have to remember to click from Asio to wave Rt, then back again. This is why I dont like upgrading. I usually wait a year and a half or 2 years to upgrade. Get all the bugs worked out. Never a problem with 7 or 8.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Not much changed in this particular area between versions 7, 8, and 9. It's probably not a bad idea to restart Mixcraft if you're changing audio modes.

If you're having problems with ASIO mode, and you have "Use Device's Preferred Settings" selected, turn that off and restart Mixcraft.

Also make sure to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer's web page.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101