Spitfire LABS patch names don't appear in tracks

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

PianoJim

Spitfire LABS patch names don't appear in tracks

Post by PianoJim »

I feel like this is so obvious that I'll facepalm at the answer, but....I can load Spitfire Labs patches OK. They play properly but when I load, say the 'Soft Piano' or 'Frozen Strings' the only name that appears in my track is "LABS (VST3)". I've tried every combination of folders I can think of, have pointed and repointed the plugin manager to these folders, and still the only name that shows in the list of VSTs or on the track is "LABS(VST3.)" Maybe this is correct, but when I load any other VSTs the name appears in the track when I make the selection. Am I missing something or is this the way Spitfire LABS is supposed to work?

Obviously I can rename each track and save a template, but that doesn't seem correct.

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas! (By the way, I'm using 9Pro.)
Rolling Estonian

Re: Spitfire LABS patch names don't appear in tracks

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I just downloaded a bunch of those yesterday, they sound good! I just open Labs vst3 in a virtual instrument track and there's a blue dropdown menu where all of the instruments are, mine's defaulted to percussion. Did you make sure you downloaded all of the packs?

M
Northfield.Lenox

Re: Spitfire LABS patch names don't appear in tracks

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Hi - I use LABS quite a bit and you have it correct at least from my experience.
If I open an instance of LABS the track is called LABS (64Bit) and stays that way no matter which library I choose to use. Basically they are presets in a way.

So - yes, rename the track if that helps a new instance for each instrument you want to use. Sorry for the nasty highlighting.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (67.58 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.75 KiB) Viewed 1288 times